Scott Kennedy

What a story and a journey for this young man. So happy to have had some small part of this journey shared via @Ian Kennedy and the great contributors on this forum with updates and following from afar. 

On today's evidence that journey has only just started. Great debut under immense pressure. Congrats Scott!

Our CB depth now just gets better and better really. With Scott yesterday, he definitely proved himself as far as being a starter at the CB position in the Haiti 2 leg playoff. But definitely would pair him with Vitoria. Those 2 together in our back 4 makes our back 4 solid.

Flawless debut. He fits the team like a glove. What I like is that his timing of when to pass the ball is excellent. His decision making was of a very high level and honestly, he came as advertised if you watched his performances in the DFB Pokal. The best part is that he comes from Calgary. Way to make the city and the country proud Scott!

10 hours ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

I knew about Scott's speed and ability to get stuck in.  I had no idea he was that good a passer out of the back.  He even had the confidence to drive forward with the ball a few times when space presented itself.

As long as he starts again against Haiti, I'm happy

People talk a lot about these games being big games for the guys in rumours like Larin and Buchanan, what about Kennedy's stock? He played very well against Suriname which had a team full of Eredivisie players and a Bundesliga player. Then Haiti away where there are Ligue 2 players and a forward who just played in the Belgian first tier. Obviously there has to be interest from teams around Europe which we've yet to hear of but he's adding some nice things to his resume. 

Some small sample size but so far impressive. Imagine when he gets even more games under his belt next season and gains more valuable experience!