Scott Kennedy

Baichung Bhutia has also played abroad in England (and Asia -- wouldn't be surprised if a number of Indians have done so also, perhaps outside the continent is better trivia question?). I have done a number of saves in India on Football Manager over the years so I remembered Bhutia's name :D

14 minutes ago, Shway said:

Is he the first Indian-descent player to play in any top 10 leagues (his two appearances with Bayern).
Questionable fact..Sunil Chetri is the only India born player to play a professional game outside their country. (he played 5 for Sporting B)

13 minutes ago, PiedPilko said:

Luther Singh played with Eustaquio last season at Pacos 

Now your just being ignorant lol, not every Singh is a direct Indian descent. 😆
(Although I assumed this exact same thing when I saw his name last year)

1 hour ago, Shway said:

Is he the first Indian-descent player to play in any top 10 leagues (his two appearances with Bayern).
Questionable fact..Sunil Chetri is the only India born player to play a professional game outside their country. (he played 5 for Sporting B )

Michael Chopra played in the premier league with Newcastle and Sunderland.  

1 hour ago, Shway said:

Questionable fact..Sunil Chetri is the only India born player to play a professional game outside their country. (he played 5 for Sporting B )

Michael Chopra played in the premier league with Newcastle and Sunderland.  

6 hours ago, Shway said:

Now your just being ignorant lol, not every Singh is a direct Indian descent. 😆
(Although I assumed this exact same thing when I saw his name last year)

Luther is though, through his grandfather... according to Wikipedia.

On 7/8/2021 at 1:03 AM, Obinna said:

Just came to post this, but looks like I was bested 13 hours ago.

Yes, great move for Jahn Regensburg. I really like this player, having watched him with Bayern 2. He's made the bench plenty of times for the Bayern first team, and the few times he played for them he looked pretty good. 

Hopefully he can help elevate this side on the offensive end.

I am sure him at Scott will exchange stories playing with Davies as well.

Sarpreet is a player that the Whitecaps should be working on. He can fill a position of need as an attacking CM and will pull a thousand enthusiastic Punjabis into BC Pace from Surrey every game. He'd probably do more for attendance than any single player in the MLS-era history of the team.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, PiedPilko said:

2. Bundesliga season started today. Regensburg play tomorrow at 730 AM est. Kennedy might have a bit more competition at the back with Breitkreuz in, but I assume he'll start.

If he ends up on the bench the first few games after the Gold Cup snub... WE RIOT. Quietly and ineffectively. 

Aww, cpme on, let him get off to a good start in germany this year.  He needs to keep getting better, cause we are going to need him in fall and next year and next year etc etc.  Besides, its the strikers dropping out not CB's.  

A great start to the season and Regensburg played a solid game.  Nice to see the trades/additions to the team make a difference.  Scott and the new back Breitkreuz are a powerful combination.  The Fotmob, WhoScored and Sofascore evaluation of Scott's performance: 7.2, 7.3 and 6.9.  Singh (new) was highly ranked.

Edited by Ian Kennedy

9 minutes ago, Ian Kennedy said:

A great start to the season and Regensburg played a solid game.  Nice to see the trades/additions to the team make a difference.  Scott and the new back Breitkreuz are a powerful combination.  The Fotmob, WhoScored and Sofascore evaluation of Scott's performance: 7.2, 7.3 and 6.9.  Singh (new) was highly ranked.

If Kennedy can maintain a 7 for the whole season that might be enough for a move to a B1 team next year.