Scott Kennedy

We've been hearing about Kennedy for so long its special to get such a great pay off when he finally gets on the field.  Its hard sometimes when you havnt actually seen a guy play much to get on board 100%.  But after seeing him with the red shirt on for 2 big games, he sure deserves that spot.  Granted this isnt Mexico, USA or even Honduras, but he did everything he had to, and didnt look out of place with vets Vitoria/Henry. Along with Johnston, ZBG it finally feels like we are turning a corner and our defense depth is catching up with the offensive options.  Heres hoping a boost from a camp like this will give him the confidence to crush it next year in Germany.  

He has a sixteen minute highlight reel from Austria, so that means he's basically doing good things every game, which is in line with what we've seen so far. His control and pass at 14:50 is a beauty, with his weak foot as well. Definitely looks like he can be the full package if he continues to develop. I think this is the first time I've ever been stoked about a Canadian defender (Tomori notwithstanding).

22 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

I just want to congratulate Scott and his family, I know the father is on here.

Sir, you must be so incredibly proud right now and rightfully so. He looks great out there, my sincere congratulations.

It's his brother that posts here, no?

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

I just want to congratulate Scott and his family, I know the father is on here.

Sir, you must be so incredibly proud right now and rightfully so. He looks great out there, my sincere congratulations.

I'm the real Scott's Dad (not "slim shady") and yes I'm incredibly proud of him and happy for him.  Thank you.  He's a wonderful human being.  He makes it easy to be proud.  His ability on the pitch is an extension of who he is.  I've previously shared a story about how, as a young player (12 or 13), when Scott led the Calgary West team to win the Provincial Championship, his coach stated some prophetic words, he said: "Scott, it is said that one's true nature (good/bad) surfaces under intense competition.  Some crumble, some shrink back, others will compromise their integrity and values to win.  I've had the pleasure of watching you, and teaching you, and have asked you many time to compete.  To compete at a higher level, a championship level, to lead us on the field.  You never flinched, you stepped up and you delivered.  Your performance on the field was matched only by the integrity you displayed, even when things got ugly.  You are a premier athlete, not just because of your abilities, but also because of your character.  Any coach would love to have you on his/her team."   I am grateful to this coach for sharing these words and giving his time generously to Coaching Scott's team.  He made a lasting impact.  This kind of support and direction has helped Scott navigate the last 6 years climbing from the German 6th league to where he is today.  

8 minutes ago, Ian Kennedy said:

I'm the real Scott's Dad (not "slim shady") and yes I'm incredibly proud of him and happy for him.  Thank you.  He's a wonderful human being.  He makes it easy to be proud.  His ability on the pitch is an extension of who he is.  I've previously shared a story about how, as a young player (12 or 13), when Scott led the Calgary West team to win the Provincial Championship, his coach stated some prophetic words, he said: "Scott, it is said that one's true nature (good/bad) surfaces under intense competition.  Some crumble, some shrink back, others will compromise their integrity and values to win.  I've had the pleasure of watching you, and teaching you, and have asked you many time to compete.  To compete at a higher level, a championship level, to lead us on the field.  You never flinched, you stepped up and you delivered.  Your performance on the field was matched only by the integrity you displayed, even when things got ugly.  You are a premier athlete, not just because of your abilities, but also because of your character.  Any coach would love to have you on his/her team."   I am grateful to this coach for sharing these words and giving his time generously to Coaching Scott's team.  He made a lasting impact.  This kind of support and direction has helped Scott navigate the last 6 years climbing from the German 6th league to where he is today.  

Incredible. Thanks for sharing. Scott is gaining more and more fans by the minute. 

6 hours ago, Ian Kennedy said:

Amazing post. 

6 hours ago, Ian Kennedy said:

I hope you managed to get to see his matches live.

7 hours ago, Ian Kennedy said:

Great to hear a positive Canadian youth coaching story 👍

Off topic, but Jahn made a nice signing a week ago with Aygun Yildrim who's one of the top scorers in 3. Liga. Kinda surprising since they usually can't attract the top performers from the third tier. Goalscoring was their major problem last season, and Yildrim should help a lot. They're gonna need it with 2. Bundesliga looking very competitive next year.

15 hours ago, PiedPilko said:

Off topic, but Jahn made a nice signing a week ago with Aygun Yildrim who's one of the top scorers in 3. Liga. Kinda surprising since they usually can't attract the top performers from the third tier. Goalscoring was their major problem last season, and Yildrim should help a lot. They're gonna need it with 2. Bundesliga looking very competitive next year.

2. Bundesliga may be more exciting to watch than the top division. So many "big city" clashes and old BL rivalries. Too bad ESPN+ only shows 1/week. Hopefully SNW picks up that broadcast.

Regensburg in the last couple days have signed two new players, Leon Guwara who’s a left back that just spent last season on loan with VVV-Venlo in the Eredivisie and Steve Breitkreuz who is a center back that has joined on a free from Erzgebirge Aue (2. Bundesliga).

On top of them signing Yildrim it looks like they should be a better side next season.

Edited by Atlantic

I think this is one player that would really benefit from playing in the Gold Cup . Yes he played well in the three games he played for Canada , but they were his first games for Canada. The Gold Cup would be a great way for getting more games in at the international and regional level and a great way for him to get ready for the Oct. 

On 6/17/2021 at 2:33 PM, Oranje said:

2. Bundesliga may be more exciting to watch than the top division. So many "big city" clashes and old BL rivalries. Too bad ESPN+ only shows 1/week. Hopefully SNW picks up that broadcast.

Just to corroborate, I went to a B2 match under 2 years ago, Dynamo Dresden vs Sankt Pauli, and it was a superb atmosphere in a great newish stadium, packed, and with a huge visiting contingent from some of the more entertaining fans anywhere in the world (only St Pauli fans do chants and have banners honouring Greek anarchists). I spoke to many kind locals, although Dresdenites are generally worse than modest, they are a bit sad-sack and defeatist. 

It also happened to be over 30 degrees and they did water breaks, overall a v unusual day.