Scott Kennedy

6 minutes ago, PiedPilko said:

He's back (again). He's dealt with a lot of injuries this season, but he always seems to come back strong. Game was too early for me today, but he finished with a 7.6 rating on sofascore in a 1-1 draw.

It looks like he gets a 2 week break now (there are some DFB Pokal matches next weekend) but I assume he was back to 100% if he played a full match today.

The Jahn have 4 matches left in their season; some clubs only have 3 left.

Benedikt Gimber will be suspended for their next match but many more players in the squad will likely make their return; it will be interesting to see if the coach continues to give him starts.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

We’re lucky to have Thomas and Peter and the Northern Futbol podcast.  Their knowledgeable insights and passion for the game are a bonus for the Canadian Soccer fan.  It’s great that they are also able to provide a forum for our players to share their thoughts and experiences and have fans get to know these players better.

I really enjoyed hearing Scott’s discussion with Thomas and Peter.  He shared his humble focus and discipline … his passion for the game and competitive spirit … his commitment to continuous improvement.  He makes me proud and continues to inspire me.

Edited by Ian Kennedy
spelling correction

That interview was great and it really excites me to see what his future holds. He just seems so adaptable to whatever new challenge comes his way, especially as he keeps going up levels and doesn't look out of place at all.

Also side-note Scott could totally do ASMR with that voice.

2 hours ago, PiedPilko said:

Regensburg just blew 2 leads vs Kiel 😞 coulda been safe from relegation with a win, but they ended up losing 3-2. Kennedy really didn't have much to do today, but he broke up play nicely. Don't think he was at fault for any goal, though maybe coulda tried to clear the third off the line.

Kiel needed the win or at least a result to keep their hopes of direct promotion to B1 alive, so it was a tough endeavour (last weekend the rival was Bochum, who are leading B2).

Regensburg play Sandhausen this weekend, who are just above relegation, if they draw, they are saved as they can't be caught. If not, they may need a result on the last day.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

On 5/11/2021 at 12:37 AM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

EDIT: 

Kennedy played another full match but The Jahn lost to Kiel today; they still need at least 3 points ( so one win ) in their last two matches to guarantee not getting relegated.

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Regensburg play Sandhausen this weekend, who are just above relegation, if they draw, they are saved as they can't be caught. If not, they may need a result on the last day.

My bad, you are correct @Unnamed Trialist ! Either a draw in their next match this Sunday or a win against St. Pauli the week after.

It's been fun watching Scott adapt to RCB in the last couple of games playing against the two top teams in the league (Bochum and Kiel).  Trial by fire!  The Kiel game (while an unfortunate result) was an excellent match showing the quality of the 2 Bundesliga.  Sunday's match against Sandhausen has to produce some points!  Go Regensburg!

Regensburg lost another winnable match so that's fun...

Last game isn't until next weekend. They've had a miserable second half to the season, but they are still unlikely to be relegated. For it to happen, they have to lose next week while Sandhausen and Osnabruck both have to win (Sandhausen is playing league-leading Bochum). Even then it wouldn't be automatic; only the relegation playoff. Since they have a goal differential lead on Osnabruck, a draw next week would basically guarantee their safety.

Edited by PiedPilko

With a couple minutes left and 3-0 over St. Pauli it looks like JahnR get the win to stay up in B2.

Scott has played the whole game. 

Teams today needing a win to promote direct to B1, like Kiel and Greuther F, are playing teams with nothing on the line, but still screwing up. Last days in pro/relegation leagues are always exciting. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

15 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

With a couple minutes left and 3-0 over St. Pauli it looks like JahnR get the win to stay up in B2.

Scott has played the whole game. 

Teams today needing a win to promote direct to B1, like Kiel and Greuther F, are playing teams with nothing on the line, but still screwing up. Last days in pro/relegation leagues are always exciting. 

Kennedy made some key tackles today, and Regensburg played their best game all year. What's kinda strange to me is that when Kennedy first arrived in 2. Bundesliga, people were immediately ranking him as a starter for us, but when he actually started playing (and succeeding at a way higher level than he'd ever played), we didn't seem to rate him to the same extent for some reason. Maybe because the bottom half of 2. Bundesliga isn't quite as high a level as we thought? It's still a very good league, and it's a great achievement that he broke through after such a step up, and he was fantastic in Pokal. 

Hopefully they can be more competitive next year. This team finished 5th a few years ago, so you never know!

22 minutes ago, Floortom said:

With traditionally very strong clubs like Schalke and Werder Bremen getting relegated the B2 might be quite a grind next year.

It's just the same as Championship or 2nd div Spain, full of big teams with top flight experience. I think before they dropped Hamburg had  never been out of top flight. 

Italy not so much. 

45 minutes ago, PiedPilko said:

Kennedy made some key tackles today, and Regensburg played their best game all year. What's kinda strange to me is that when Kennedy first arrived in 2. Bundesliga, people were immediately ranking him as a starter for us, but when he actually started playing (and succeeding at a way higher level than he'd ever played), we didn't seem to rate him to the same extent for some reason. Maybe because the bottom half of 2. Bundesliga isn't quite as high a level as we thought? It's still a very good league, and it's a great achievement that he broke through after such a step up, and he was fantastic in Pokal. 

Hopefully they can be more competitive next year. This team finished 5th a few years ago, so you never know!

For a defender like Scott half the games played are against top half teams so he still goes up vs the better forwards and quality in B2 to test and improve his game. I personally don't have a problem with players in lower level teams as long as the league level overall is appropriate and in this case the step up to B2 was.

I think the reason I rate Kennedy a lot is because he seems to be one of those footballers that is adaptable to the level around them.

Obviously an extreme example but someone like Jaime Vardy who was productive at every level he played at and never looked out of place at the top level.

Players like that are uncommon and Kennedy has taken to the 2.Bundesliga like he's played there for years and as a result for me I feel like whenever that next step for him comes he'll once again adapt and play like it's business as usual.