Scott Kennedy

3 hours ago, Nate3322 said:

Watched him again today and as usual he looked very good defensively and he was good in the air. And he hasn't conceded a goal yet this season! Today his passing wasn't as good as it was in the past 2 games. Regensburg are now top of the table with 9 points and the team as a whole are looking good.

Where can one find highlights?

6 minutes ago, Nate3322 said:

You can usually find highlights on YouTube though they aren't the highest quality

Oddly enough they all turn into some person playing a modded version of Pro Evolution Soccer....lol

Even the official Bundesliga YouTube channel, which does have a category for Bundesliga 2 highlights only upload ones for popular clubs Hamburg, Werder or Schalke.

Strange.

6 minutes ago, Macksam said:

Oddly enough they all turn into some person playing a modded version of Pro Evolution Soccer....lol

Even the official Bundesliga YouTube channel, which does have a category for Bundesliga 2 highlights only upload ones for popular clubs Hamburg, Werder or Schalke.

Strange.

Give a day or two and actual highlights will probably be posted. I keep an eye and post them here if I see any

1 minute ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

The ideal scenario would be for him to be transferred to a B1 team now, as that way the international callups won't interfere with his league play. 

Otherwise we are going to have a problem, he'll end up missing 6-8 matches or more with Jahn. So all this optimism will be at risk. 

Looking at their schedule they are taking the break, at least for September 

12 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

So most 2nd tiers keep playing. Maybe with B2 being 18 teams and the shorter winter break they can stop, that is so good for us. 

All top 2nd tiers lose important internationals for FIFA dates and it's a real problem. 

Championship is also off from Aug 29 to Sept 9

Edit: same with Serie B and Ligue 2. So just Segunda plays out of the top 5 nations.

Edited by archer21

1 minute ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

That's really good if this trend holds. But they have a massive pressure on fixtures (and we don't have any NT players in Championship). 

It’s not a trend. Only League One and lower has traditionally played through internationals breaks. 

2 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

That's really good if this trend holds. But they have a massive pressure on fixtures (and we don't have any NT players in Championship). 

Yes I know we don’t have anyone in Championship, I just meant to debate that all 2nd leagues don’t break for international windows. I’m pretty sure Championship has always had international breaks. I’m not sure about the other leagues, but as I said in my previous post (as an edit, after you started to reply to me already), Ligue 2 and Serie B are also taking international break. Not sure if they traditionally do or not, but it seems like maybe Spain is the only big nation that doesn’t take international break

If he continues this he has a good chance at Bundesliga, whether that is through promotion or transfer. Clubs love defensive speed. He is tall and good on the ball as well. 

I know people can get weird with a left footed CB in the middle of a 3, but if Vitoria needs rest then Kennedy seems like a better fit then Henry. Whether Kennedy starts as a LCB or Miller, seems both are putting in good performances leading into Sept. 

17 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

If he continues this he has a good chance at Bundesliga, whether that is through promotion or transfer. Clubs love defensive speed. He is tall and good on the ball as well. 

I know people can get weird with a left footed CB in the middle of a 3, but if Vitoria needs rest then Kennedy seems like a better fit then Henry. Whether Kennedy starts as a LCB or Miller, seems both are putting in good performances leading into Sept. 

Agree somewhat on the Henry bit, but aside from being one of those who gets all squirmy over a left foot in the middle, I wonder if we're getting a bit low on experience at that point:

• Kennedy - 3 caps
  • Miller - 11 caps
  • Johnson - 10 caps
  • Henry - 38 caps 

40 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Agree somewhat on the Henry bit, but aside from being one of those who gets all squirmy over a left foot in the middle, I wonder if we're getting a bit low on experience at that point:

• Kennedy - 3 caps
  • Miller - 11 caps
  • Johnson - 10 caps
  • Henry - 38 caps 

This is a very important point.  If Vitoria is healthy he needs to start just to set the back 3 and be the vocal leader back there. Henry is the only CB with WCQ experience from 2018. Not saying he starts, but the Octo is going to be a lot more intense than the GC especially for away games. Scott and Alistair also have never played a home game in front of fans and that can be a bit of pressure as well.

24 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

This is a very important point.  If Vitoria is healthy he needs to start just to set the back 3 and be the vocal leader back there. Henry is the only CB with WCQ experience from 2018. Not saying he starts, but the Octo is going to be a lot more intense than the GC especially for away games. Scott and Alistair also have never played a home game in front of fans and that can be a bit of pressure as well.

Not only that, but it will be an emotional affair in general. First time in the final round in forever, first game in the final round, Honduras being the bogey team for Canada, fans finally being allowed to see Canada play, first game since the big win versus the USA.

I trust Kennedy more than most when it comes to dealing with pressure, but he's still pretty green as far as the national team goes.

1 hour ago, Kadenge said:

Nah we will be fine , Henry on the bench  is fine by me, Alistair and Kennedy are fine and so is Miller or Vitoria , Henry is penalty ready to happen he is fine on the bench.

1 hour ago, canuckgbp said:

Henry is good for one major gaff a game though. Think it is a risk to play him. Johnson and Miller played against 70k against Mexico and looked up for it. Kennedy has less concaf experience but his club form in my opinion pushes him higher then Henry. He looks calm, is fast and has good passing range. 

When Doneil and Kendall Waston started for the Whitecaps they were known as the Towers of Doom, and not for what they did to the other team...