Scott Kennedy

On 2/13/2021 at 10:49 AM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

1) Once again, if anybody has highlights for today's game that would be nice.

2) Elvedi just got his 5th yellow card in today's match, so once again, there will be 2 CBs missing next game (Nachreiner with injury and Elvedi). That makes Kennedy's chances of getting another start next week very good!

Played another full match today. 0-2 loss.

A game where they should have gotten a result vs a lower ranked team in the league.

Once again, would love to see highlights; no idea if Scott was at fault for the goals.

Definitely his poorest performance today, in a 2-0 defeat to Eintracht.  2 awful gaffes early on where he bobbled passes to the keeper. Eintracht scored both their goals off set pieces, so he didn't have any real opportunities to do the stuff he's good at. I think he was the one beaten to the ball on the first goal, but not sure... I can hardly make out their third kits. 

I'm less confident about Vitoria-Kennedy now. I still think Scott has a lot of standout qualities, but he really panics with the ball.

1 hour ago, PiedPilko said:

Kennedy subbed off in '25 with an injury. Looked like he got kicked hard in the shin. 

Edit:

Knee injury apparently. Maybe a hyper-extension

Doesn't sound like something you can easily recover from in time for late-March. I hope it's not too serious.

On 2/26/2021 at 11:00 AM, PiedPilko said:

Kennedy subbed off in '25 with an injury. Looked like he got kicked hard in the shin. 

Edit:

Knee injury apparently. Maybe a hyper-extension

We watched the replay, it was an ugly injury.  Scott’s knee was hyper-extended.  Fortunately, he walked off the pitch and he drove home from the stadium (manual) with some pain.  We spoke with him this morning.  He’s in a good space, walking fairly normally and without the aid of crutches.  The knee is wrapped, he’s resting, icing, elevating.  He gets an MRI tomorrow.  Fingers crossed ... the injury is not too serious and with the right therapy he’ll be back in 2 – 4 weeks.

Just now, Ian Kennedy said:

We watched the replay, it was an ugly injury.  Scott’s knee was hyper-extended.  Fortunately, he walked off the pitch and he drove home from the stadium (manual) with some pain.  We spoke with him this morning.  He’s in a good space, walking fairly normally and without the aid of crutches.  The knee is wrapped, he’s resting, icing, elevating.  He gets an MRI tomorrow.  Fingers crossed ... the injury is not too serious and with the right therapy he’ll be back in 2 – 4 weeks.

Good news!

terrible timing from a CanMNT perspective as this means he won’t be ready for the first qualifying matches in March 

Thanks @Ian Kennedyfor the updates.

Give him well wishes from all Canada fans, we are excited about his year, glad Regensberg looks like they will stay up in B2, and know he'll recover and be back at it soon enough. The important thing is to be properly healed, not rush, and think about his career in the longer term.

Hopefully Scott didn't get COVID, and if he did, I hope he doesn't get a bad case and recovers swiftly.

The details are here:
https://www.ssv-jahn.de/alle-neuigkeiten/news-im-detail/dfb-pokalspiel-gegen-bremen-abgesagt/

Prior to their previous match vs Paderborn (the one where Scott came off injured) the head coach (Mersad Selimbegovic) got COVID.
He was in isolation and the assistant coach (Sebastian Dreier) was actually the man in charge for the match.
After the match, they ran a new batch of tests and more than one new positive case showed up.
Given that that there are now at least 3 cases in total (the staff and players), the whole team is logically in lockdown.

The DFB Pokal semi finals are scheduled for early May, and the final is scheduled for mid-May so there is plenty of time in the calendar to play this match in mid-March or April.
Werder Bremen aren't playing Champions League or Europa League so a reschedule should be easy
(Unlike the other quarterfinalists, Borussia Mönchengladbach, Borussia Dortmund & RB Leipzig who are all in the Champions League). Hopefully it's late April and Scott is healthy again.

Just now, PiedPilko said:

I'm curious why we're so sure he'll be out? This quarantine is only 2 weeks long, so there'll still be a week and a half until the Bermuda game when that's over. If he takes less than 4 weeks to recover from injury, he'll still be back in time, right? 

I think the odds of him being out are 50/50.

Will he be in optimal game shape and rhythm? Is it the best timing to bring him in? I am pretty bullish on him because of his potential, but the injury really casts doubt for me, even if he does heal quickly, which I hope he does.

1 minute ago, Obinna said:

I think the odds of him being out are 50/50.

Will he be in optimal game shape and rhythm? Is it the best timing to bring him in? I am pretty bullish on him because of his potential, but the injury really casts doubt for me, even if he does heal quickly, which I hope he does.

For sure. If he doesn't want to be rushed back into play, that makes sense. 

1 minute ago, PiedPilko said:

For sure. If he doesn't want to be rushed back into play, that makes sense. 

Yup. But on the other hand, it's a chance for him to represent his country, for world cup qualification no less. Would not be easy to decline for a player who has never been capped by Canada at any level (as far as I know). 

Perhaps it would take a lot of maturity on his part to decline if he's less than optimal. Hopefully though he is optimal and gets at least 1 game under his belt to prove it. That's obviously the ideal scenario for everyone. 

• 2 weeks later...