Scott Kennedy

2 minutes ago, king1010 said:

A goal and two clean sheets to start the year. Good career move to pass on the gold cup it seems. 

Some nice competition forming between Vittoria, Miller, and Kennedy. 

Thought it was his team not him that passed on the gold cup? Either way its worked out well and looks like a good decision. Hope this is a springboard year for him to move up again.

3 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Thought it was his team not him that passed on the gold cup? Either way its worked out well and looks like a good decision. Hope this is a springboard year for him to move up again.

His team can nudge him to decline the call up, but given its an official competition they cant outright deny him from playing in the gold cup. 

In the end it was probably a bit of both and he seems to have started the year of well which bodes well for our sept wcq. 

Box score suggests he’s playing LCB in a back four today. Nice to see he has that versatility to play inside. Looked very natural in a back 3, to the point where I wasn’t sure if was closer to a defensively minded fullback than a true CB. 

Great to see some options finally emerging at this position after it being a bit of a black hole for a while.

I saw the game today and I was really impressed by his performance more so than last week too. Outside of the goal he was rock solid defensively and was good in the air. His passing was excellent from what I saw he looked really comfortable on the ball and building from the back. Based on whoscored he made the most number of accurate passes, as well as the most passes of any player. 

10 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Hopefully he can play in a central role on our back line. With the solid GC play of Miller at LCB and Johnston at RCB Scott could slot into the middle of the back 3

We might need this since even though it is early days I don't think Vitoria is in the plans much for Moreirense.

1 minute ago, VinceA said:

We might need this since even though it is early days I don't think Vitoria is in the plans much for Moreirense.

Yes it's really a continuation of his lack of playing time with them during the 2nd half of last season

4 hours ago, VinceA said:

You came to this conclusion based on the fact that he didn't start in a game that was played just a few days after he returned to his club after more than a month away with the national team? I think it might be sensible to wait and see on this.

1 minute ago, Nate3322 said:

Watched him again today and as usual he looked very good defensively and he was good in the air. And he hasn't conceded a goal yet this season! Today his passing wasn't as good as it was in the past 2 games. Regensburg are now top of the table with 9 points and the team as a whole are looking good.

8-0 GF/GA.  And that does not include a 0-3 win in the cup.