Ike Ugbo

CanadaFan123

28 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I'm going to be in Belgium in a couple of weeks but seriously doubt I'll be able to escape to watch any footy, too bad.

I do have a Lille match pencilled in for February, at Montpellier. 

Hilarious, just now my kid, who is in Belgium, mailed me info on a Standard Liège match on the 20th. But they are not playing Genk...

48 minutes ago, lamptern said:

Anyone who interested how our latest recruitment performs,  IKE UGBO just subbed on for the second half vs Cercle Brugge.

Thanks for the heads up.  It didn’t look like he got much service at all in the 35 or so minutes I watched.  

I am genuinely curious how a league like this compares to MLS (that I have seen a lot more of).   I find it difficult to get a sense of relative quality when the margins might not be that big.  

10 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Thanks for the heads up.  It didn’t look like he got much service at all in the 35 or so minutes I watched.  

I am genuinely curious how a league like this compares to MLS (that I have seen a lot more of).   I find it difficult to get a sense of relative quality when the margins might not be that big.  

I’ve watched Genk play West Ham twice in the past few weeks, once live and the other on TV. They definitely didn’t feel like a major drop off in talent from West Ham and gave West Ham a match on both occasions. I am guessing the league isn’t as strong from top to bottom but my sense is it is a much higher level to MLS. 

I do find it difficult trying to compare MLS as a league to others as the talents on most clubs varies greatly ie in Toronto you had a staring 11 with Giovinco and Zavaleta and then a major drop off to the guys outside the starting 11. Compared to Europe where there is a much more even spread of take to throughout the squad.

Herdman doesn't strike me as the type to just creep this board. I bet he has an account too. I'm not sure what he may communicate on here... I feel like he would prod supporters on the board so that he can do temperature checks with his own thinking, share thoughts with players and redirect topics with supporters...

Anyway, welcome Ike - looking forward to seeing feature at some point in this next window!

7 minutes ago, hodgkiss said:

Herdman doesn't strike me as the type to just creep this board. I bet he has an account too. I'm not sure what he may communicate on here... I feel like he would prod supporters on the board so that he can do temperature checks with his own thinking, share thoughts with players and redirect topics with supporters...

Anyway, welcome Ike - looking forward to seeing feature at some point in this next window!

Could it be @h coach? Name matches up, frequents this board but has only posted 3 times in 2 years.

9 minutes ago, hodgkiss said:

If we find out he was tg11 all along.... 

4 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Could it be @h coach? Name matches up, frequents this board but has only posted 3 times in 2 years.

Nope, sorry. H stands for Hornets, Jo David’s former club. I coached kids a couple of years older. Have been following the team since the 70’s. we have come a long way…

On 11/7/2021 at 1:57 PM, dyslexic nam said:

We've seen what Tajon can do at a top club in MLS. We'll find out next year what he can do at a similarly positioned club in Belgium. Obviously just one player, but it's at least one point of comparison.