Ike Ugbo

CanadaFan123

3 hours ago, frmr said:

Ha! I turned on the game and he scored within thirty seconds!

That happened to me with Lille yesterday, because I was bored with Barça. And David scored.

I normally get all of Champions, Europa League, every match, but it seems this is the one I don't have this evening. Odd. As I would have liked to have gone back and watched 10-15 minutes worth.

On 11/25/2021 at 1:55 PM, frmr said:

Remember when Canada couldn't score a goal to save its life? Our attack is ridiculous now. What a complete 180.

The good ol days of relying on Marcus Haber, Randy Edwini-Bonsu and hoping Olivier Occean would return Floro's calls. At least we had Ricketts who was insanely inconsistent but at least worked his ass off.

We also got so desperate we called up Frank Jonke to see if he could do something.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

I don't think Genk has a choice.

They don’t but the player does. If he goes on a run of starting matches and scoring goals, he might not want to miss league matches to be Canada’s third string choice. Also maybe the club gets in his ear and advises him to stick around to keep his place.

of course, maybe none of that happens either and he goes on a nice run with Genk, gets called into the next window and plays an important role.

23 minutes ago, Floortom said:

They don’t but the player does. If he goes on a run of starting matches and scoring goals, he might not want to miss league matches to be Canada’s third string choice. Also maybe the club gets in his ear and advises him to stick around to keep his place.

of course, maybe none of that happens either and he goes on a nice run with Genk, gets called into the next window and plays an important role.

Genk doesn't play during the window, they have one game right after on February 4th.  If I understand FIFA rules correctly, if Canada call him and he doesn't go, the club can't play him.  

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM

28 minutes ago, Floortom said:

I suspect anyone called (not including uncommitted duals) will come for the next two windows.   I know we haven’t qualified yet, but anyone on the fringe is auditioning for a possible spot in Qatar.   I doubt they risk that opportunity because their club is whispering in their ear.   And that includes both young guys like Ugbo and vets like Arfield.   There are no unimportant games or roles at this point.  

14 hours ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Genk doesn't play during the window, they have one game right after on February 4th.   

Intersting - I didn’t see that. Brugge has three matches during the window (2 league and 1 cup). I just assumed Genk was playing too.

edit: Genk did have matches  scheduled during that window, like all other teams in the league, but petitioned the League to postpone them due to the club possibly missing up to 9 players who would be called for international duty in AFCON, Asia, South America and Concacaf.

i guess that’s not as much of an issue for Brugge as the squad is more European heavy

Edited by Floortom