Ike Ugbo

CanadaFan123

23 minutes ago, masster said:

I was disappointed with Ugbo's lack of 'effort' (not sure if that is the right word) during his sub appearance tonight. When you are subbed in up top for the last 10 minutes of a game you are winning 1-0, I expect to see you RUN! Use those fresh legs. Cavallini may not give you speed, but he will give you effort.

Not sure I agree with that take.  Especially given that his (lack of) effort is what led directly to Richards' injury, which in turn led to their final minutes playing with 10 men...  ...and we know how that turned out.

On 1/29/2022 at 2:59 PM, jonovision said:

Ugbo may be better than Cavallini. I don't think he's better at the role that Cavallini has been asked to play when called upon. There just simply aren't a lot of minutes available at the striker position when you already have Larin and David who have proven themselves, and when Buchanan or Davies tend to get rotated up top to support a lone striker late in games.

I'd like to see a David-Ugbo partnership for El Salvador. I wouldn't be surprised if David starts on the bench tomorrow.

I'll bet the whole team starts on the bench tomorrow.

Would be a nice move for playing time but how underwhelming his time at Genk has been. Given the chance to start recently and he can't find the back of the net. Wonder what the deal is this season compared to last.

Its still early days but if he continues to struggle Jebbison might be knocking on his door, not Cavallini's.

Bouncing around a lot. He should try and settle himself for a longer period. These kinds of last-minute transfers are often  hail-marries, especially if the purchasers are fighting against relegation. But I guess if he ends up playing a lot it works out for him. 

Looking at the squad and he should definitely get plenty of minutes - there's no Onuachu here. He's actually one of the highest valued players on the squad.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/es-troyes-ac/kader/verein/1095

Their 9s have barely scored all year. It's going to be a challenge as clearly they dont create many chances - their xG per 90 minutes is 0.98 this season.

If Ugbo can have a decent number of goals and keep them up it would look real good on him.

Genk manager kind of goes off on Ugbo here

says Ugbo showed a weak mentality and lack of respect, couldn’t deal with competition  from Onuachu and pushed himself out.

https://www.walfoot.be/news/2022-02-05/bernd-stork-sen-prend-a-ike-ugbo--je-constate-un-manque-de-respect/amp

Edited by Floortom

2 minutes ago, Floortom said:

says Ugbo showed a weak mentality and lack of respect, couldn’t deal with completion from Onuachu and pushed himself out.

https://www.walfoot.be/news/2022-02-05/bernd-stork-sen-prend-a-ike-ugbo--je-constate-un-manque-de-respect/amp

Ouch.  That isn’t good.   Hopefully Herdman can be a positive influence.  

1 hour ago, Floortom said:

says Ugbo showed a weak mentality and lack of respect, couldn’t deal with completion from Onuachu and pushed himself out.

I call horseshit on the manager's comments and not because Ike is a Canadian international. The kid wasn't getting any playing time, wasn't happy with the way the manager used him and asked to move on. Stork is upset that he lost a good attacking piece on his bench. I really wonder who is showing the disrespect and weak mentality.

He joined the Canadian national team and I'm sure that Herdman and Henry told him he was starting behind David, Larin, Cavallini and Akinola so I doubt this kid is frightened of competition.

Edited by Sal333