Ike Ugbo

CanadaFan123

4 hours ago, Floortom said:

Genk manager kind of goes off on Ugbo here

says Ugbo showed a weak mentality and lack of respect, couldn’t deal with competition  from Onuachu and pushed himself out.

Bernd Stork attacks Ike Ugbo: "I see a lack of respect"
Bart Vandenbussche walfoot.be February 5 2022

Arriving in Genk last summer from Chelsea, Ike Ugbo left the Limburg club this winter to land in Troyes on loan. Bernd Storck isn't happy with the striker's mentality.

Bernd Storck was highly critical of  Ike Ugbo . "As a player you have a certain responsibility. The club have invested a lot in Ugbo , so you also have to be ready to go all the way to give something back. But Ugbo struggled with the competition from Onuachu", dropped the German at Het Belang van Limburg. Ugbo indicated after the home game against Beerschot that he wanted to leave, and together with his agent he continued to press for the following weeks. It disappointed me, I see a lack of respect in it," Storck said.

2 hours ago, Joe MacCarthy said:

Bernd Stork attacks Ike Ugbo: "I see a lack of respect"
Bart Vandenbussche walfoot.be February 5 2022

Arriving in Genk last summer from Chelsea, Ike Ugbo left the Limburg club this winter to land in Troyes on loan. Bernd Storck isn't happy with the striker's mentality.

Bernd Storck was highly critical of  Ike Ugbo . "As a player you have a certain responsibility. The club have invested a lot in Ugbo , so you also have to be ready to go all the way to give something back. But Ugbo struggled with the competition from Onuachu", dropped the German at Het Belang van Limburg. Ugbo indicated after the home game against Beerschot that he wanted to leave, and together with his agent he continued to press for the following weeks. It disappointed me, I see a lack of respect in it," Storck said.

It just sounds like Storck is bitter at losing ugbo when he didn’t want to.

I wonder if ugbo pushed so hard for a transfer in the hope that playing time at club level will help him earn a place in Canada's World Cup squad?

I know this seems like a pretty bad situation for Ugbo, but I actually think it could be a blessing in disguise. He started today and played the full 90. If he can get on the scoresheet soon, he may be able to carve out a permanent move somewhere in the French top flight. Could work out well, imo.