Ike Ugbo

CanadaFan123

13 minutes ago, ag futbol said:

So, he’s a target man of sorts? If so, this is a big addition. Having someone take up space in the middle makes it even harder to lock down Tajon and Davies. 

I think teams might go full-on bunker soon.

I don't know exactly what type of player he is yet but from what I've seen he looks very mobile, so wouldn't call him a target man, although he does look good in the air.

38 minutes ago, Floortom said:

this is some interesting scouting on Ugbo at the time of his Genk signing. 

Funny enough, Paul Onuachu is a would have been his international teammate with Nigeria if we didn't snatch him.

I imagine he was in his ear about the Super Eagles, which is more credit to Herdman and the CSA for pulling this off.

Onuachu has a ridiculous goal tally for Genk (51 goals in 68 league games), so he's probably making a move sooner or later, opening up a starting space for Ugbo (hopefully).

Edited by Obinna

I'm often the one seeing the good side of not picking Canada, but this is one of the dual Nats choices that makes a lot of sense to me.

This is pure logic right here. Nigeria is sexy but Nigeria caps practically everyone. He could be a one and done. Or a none and done. He's got a much better chance of a 30 cap career with us than he has with them.

Edited by The Real Marc

6 minutes ago, The Real Marc said:

I'm often seeing the other side of not picking Canada, but this is one of the dual Nats choices that makes a lot of sense to me.

This is pure logic right here. Nigeria is sexy but Nigeria caps practically everyone. He could be a one and done. Or a none and done. He's got a much better chance of a 30 cap career with us than he has with them.

Big facts. 

Nigeria has ties to England, like Jamaica does…..they just have a wayyyyyy better run organization, and a ton more money.

the long term gain is with Canada…although it’s not for sure.

58 minutes ago, The Real Marc said:

I'm often seeing the other side of not picking Canada, but this is one of the dual Nats choices that makes a lot of sense to me.

There's Nigeria sexy and then there's.. CANADA sexy :)

Edited by saintjoes

Looking at his stats for the past coupke seasons is pretty clearly a pure goal scorer and not much of a playmaker. Last year in Belgium he had 16 goals and no assists. The year before in the Durch 2nd tier he had 13 goals and only 1 assist. Just think of the amount of goals he could have had against Aruba and the Cayman Islands.

1 hour ago, Canuckistan2019 said:

I hope he goes to different club to get playing time

I'm betting that he wants to return to his roots, where he's comfortable, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him in York United colours soon.  Most likely made the switch so that he'd be a domestic in the 2022 Voyageurs Cup.