Ike Ugbo

CanadaFan123

10 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I think that after the real Kusch tackled that guy at BC Place, he hired @Kusch to the Cornerto be his eyes and ears on this board.

I'm kidding and apologies to the real poster, you have a great board name. 

When Kusch gets put on the field (or someone like him) and starts taking the ball to the corner  you know its closing time!

1 hour ago, Sal333 said:

He brings a slightly different skill set to our striker pool. We 'really don't have a player with his profile.

It's awesome because I don't think there's a wrong option when playing David vs Larin vs Ugbo (and even Cav if he can get it together again), gives us some flexibility depending on the matchup in front of us 

29 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

It's awesome because I don't think there's a wrong option when playing David vs Larin vs Ugbo (and even Cav if he can get it together again), gives us some flexibility depending on the matchup in front of us 

Also you can play it based on how the game is going. Need to beat up some CBs, bring out Cav. On the back foot, bring out Ugbo. Lot's of possession, bring out Larin and David. 

2 hours ago, toontownman said:

Pretty sad he didn't get any minutes against Mexico but what must this guy be thinking? What an experience and way to start your international career. Bet he went back to Belgium buzzing. The potential in our striker pool is insane, especially when Jebbison comes onboard officially. 

If Jebbison commits, then Cava and Akinola are going to have a tough time cracking the squad.  So, much depth!  

I was in Antwerp this weekend, and looked at this game and was about to go--then I realised  it was 9pm Sunday, not Saturday. I literally spent the Saturday, down in Ghent, planning our return and hoping my wife would say no problem, I'm happy to hang around the hotel. And on the train back looking for lineups I saw I'd erred. 

Too bad as well as they were playing in the old Olympic Stadium from 1920, which has been redone, in south Antwerp.

In Belgium, if you follow the league as I have, you are constantly going past familiar names where there are clubs, you realise suburbs are the names of clubs, neighbourhoods, small towns. And you see stadiums from the train as well, it is so compact. Basically, a lot of clubs have a captation area of about 200-300 thousand population, with that size city or neighbourhood you have a pro club in top flight.