Ike Ugbo

CanadaFan123

5 minutes ago, RS said:

Yes, Corbeanu made an EPL appearance a couple of months after his MNT debut. Still counts.

And yes, Dias needs to be closer to/in the first team to deserve a call during WCQ.

My point was that he was still with the first team and making the bench with an EPL team before his first MNT debut. Meaning his call up isn't classified as him playing with youth teams.

@Unnamed Trialist  "We called up players at that level before for the first team."

2 minutes ago, Shway said:

My point was that he was still with the first team and making the bench with an EPL team before his first MNT debut. Meaning his call up isn't classified as him playing with youth teams.

I agree with you, but I was just answering your question.

Just now, frmr said:

The sweet ain't as sweet without the bitter.

I get it but it’s been more or less a disaster since 1986 , a lot of waisted years and the way I see it everyone and that’s counting myself from the grassroots up played a part it all those failures anyone associated with the game in all those years . However, finally it looks like things are getting a lot better . For us old farts it has been a crazy struggle so to see things getting better finally and a chance of qualifying looking like a real possibility. If we qualify and I happen to be at that game that qualifies us I better be wearing some really dark sunglasses!

15 hours ago, Shway said:

Dias and Flores need to be playing against men before they get the call at this point. 

I rather Arfield come back into the program than see Dias or Flores. 

I agree.  When you start calling guys who are not established as first team professional, thats a sign of desparation.  Just like in past when we would see callup with the words “unattached” in the column for club affiliation. Desparate MNT’s are MNT’s that are not good.  We no longer see “unattached” and rarely,if ever, see players from reserves of youth side.  Soon, we will be at the point where we wont see anymore Div2 types, that  will be sign that we are a good side.