Ike Ugbo

CanadaFan123

4 hours ago, jordan said:

Malik Owulbi might be eligible now

Feel like there must be a few more of these we have scouted just through this forum like that. 

I think more exciting than anything else is how it came out of nowhere, which makes me wonder who else we are working on behind the scenes. If we can continue our momentum and pick up points this window January could be interesting in terms of other duals. 

While I don't see us calling and capping dias/Flores they could absolutely come over in the taxi squad as Flores planned last year.

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

Feel like there must be a few more of these we have scouted just through this forum like that. 

I think more exciting than anything else is how it came out of nowhere, which makes me wonder who else we are working on behind the scenes. If we can continue our momentum and pick up points this window January could be interesting in terms of other duals. 

While I don't see us calling and capping dias/Flores they could absolutely come over in the taxi squad as Flores planned last year.

Dias and Flores need to be playing against men before they get the call at this point. 

I rather Arfield come back into the program than see Dias or Flores. 

4 hours ago, Obinna said:

Funny enough, Paul Onuachu is a would have been his international teammate with Nigeria if we didn't snatch him.

I imagine he was in his ear about the Super Eagles, which is more credit to Herdman and the CSA for pulling this off.

Who knows what kind of relationship people have behind the scenes though.  Particularly between two players competing for time at the same position.  For all we know, it could be that the thought of playing with Onuachu with Nigeria drove him to Canada!

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Dias is playing Youth League, u-19, and u-23 in Portugal. 

We called up players at that level before for the first team.

Yesterday is not the same as today. 
Our pool is growing to the point there won’t be any handouts soon. 

….but wait refresh my memory, who was the last guy and when?

50 minutes ago, RS said:

Corbeanu.

Yeah but wasn't that almost a year ago. Nowadays a year in Canadian soccer represents a lifetime in most other programs. In FIFA rankings We were in the 90s when Herdman took over. Right now we're 49th and can break the 39th threshold by the end of the WC qualifying rounds.

Edited by Sal333

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Now that he's ours can we worry about his playing time? Doesn't appear to be a starter at Genk.

Started and played 72 minutes on October 3 and hasn't played more than 17 minutes in a game since

Worry!? We need to swamp Genk's in box with gigabits of email protesting his lack of usage.

For the humour impaired that was an attempt at a  joke.

Edited by Sal333

28 minutes ago, narduch said:

Now that he's ours can we worry about his playing time? Doesn't appear to be a starter at Genk.

Started and played 72 minutes on October 3 and hasn't played more than 17 minutes in a game since

As I said a few pages back he's behind Onuachu in a one striker system. minutes are going to be hard to come by until Onuachu gets a transfer. The good news is that there are a lot of big clubs after him so it could happen sooner rather than later

18 minutes ago, Floortom said:

As I said a few pages back he's behind Onuachu in a one striker system. minutes are going to be hard to come by until Onuachu gets a transfer. The good news is that there are a lot of big clubs after him so it could happen sooner rather than later

He probably would've been behind him aswell in the Nigerian team...

Edited by Shway

1 hour ago, Shway said:

But in the same year was making PL appearances.

Dias doesn’t look close to the Sporting 1st team.

Yes, Corbeanu made an EPL appearance a couple of months after his MNT debut. Still counts.

And yes, Dias needs to be closer to/in the first team to deserve a call during WCQ.

53 minutes ago, Shway said:

He probably would've been behind him aswell in the Nigerian team...

Speaking of the Nigerian team, I'm not sure if many of you have checked out Troost-Ekong's YouTube videos. He does vlogs showing some BTS stuff for international windows, it's a cool look at what goes on. Would recommend if you've got 10-15 mins to kill