Liam Millar

Northvansteve

48 minutes ago, Alex said:

Considering that’s his goddamn father, I’d say it’s not “a very big if” about there being a plan. You’re speculating on something you know nothing about.

And neither do you in fact none of us know what Liam's future will hold but in a team full of stars he isn't getting playing time now...doesn't take a damn rocket scientist to figure out that he shouldn't be there any longer😡

On 5/24/2020 at 9:43 AM, spitfire said:

I should have known better back to painting the house ...

stay safe my friends 

Okay but really come on? Most 20 year olds are not going to get a chance to be in starting 11 especially at Liverpool unless they are really, really good. Liam sure is talented but really is he talented enough to break through into that starting 11? Remains to be seen at this point in my opinion. Only way for him to truly get any sort of playing time is to leave like how hard is that for you all to figure out😡

40 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Okay but really come on? Most 20 year olds are not going to get a chance to be in starting 11 especially at Liverpool unless they are really, really good. Liam sure is talented but really is he talented enough to break through into that starting 11? Remains to be seen at this point in my opinion. Only way for him to truly get any sort of playing time is to leave like how hard is that for you all to figure out😡

You seem to think you know better than his father on what his plans are or what they should be, shakes head!

4 minutes ago, gator said:

You seem to think you know better than his father on what his plans are or what they should be, shakes head!

Well his plans should be to leave Liverpool like come on how obvious does it have to be? He can fight for minutes but really is he going to get any in that Klopp system? Unless they decide to play him in matches where LFC's superstar players are resting but how often is that really experts you tell me😡🤬

At least on another team, a team that is not Liverpool he will actually get playing time and get more of a chance to show what he can do. Like if he were to go anywhere else in England or even to another league altogether, then the chances of him cracking a starting 11 on another team increases exponentially depending on what team it is

I mean don't get me wrong he is talented but really he is being held back in my opinion.

Hey Spitfire, you dont have to justify or explain yourself or Liams actions.  But thanks for taking the time to fill us in on all the ins and outs going on behind the scenes.  Most of us are smart enough to realize those kinds of things were going on without being a dick to you.  It must be hard to have a bunch of goobers making comments about your kid, sometimes it must be impossible to let the worst of them go without a response.  Good luck with the painting, I always have trouble around the door frames, and dont give the local spammer of the week bother you on here.  

Jadon Sancho (Dortmund), Reiss Nelson (Hoffenheim), Ademola Lookman (RB Leipzig), Jonjoe Kenny (Schalke) and Recce Oxford (Augsburg) are all recent examples of English-based players moved to the Bundesliga after being on the fringes of an EPL first team.

Would be interesting if Liam became the latest example of that. 

It cannot be overstated how strong Liverpool are. We are not talking about West Ham, Everton, or even Arsenal. This is Liverpool we are talking about. Millar has done fantastic to be involved in this set up the way he has. 

The plan for him as communicated by Spitfire seems very logical to me. 5 subs per match would only increase Liam's chances of with the first team. Liverpool has the title pretty much wrapped up anyways. More first team games would be huge for his development.

Then in fall he goes out on loan in the Championship or Bundesliga. Sounds pretty awesome if you ask me.

Edited by Obinna

Was finally able to get in and reply....

ill be the first to say that I rate Liam highly and have always liked him.

i honestly feel that he could be as good as Davies and David at a point. Watch him over the next 2-3 years.

truth be told at 20 he would not be with Liverpool if they did not rate him. They clearly see a path for him if they won’t let him leave on loan without resigning and if they’ve turned down multiple bids. It also means other teams think he can play.

3 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Hey Spitfire, you dont have to justify or explain yourself or Liams actions.  But thanks for taking the time to fill us in on all the ins and outs going on behind the scenes.  Most of us are smart enough to realize those kinds of things were going on without being a dick to you.  It must be hard to have a bunch of goobers making comments about your kid, sometimes it must be impossible to let the worst of them go without a response.  Good luck with the painting, I always have trouble around the door frames, and dont give the local spammer of the week bother you on here.  

Well I’m definitely going to see if I can get me a box of goobers, totally forgot about them, hopefully they are still on the market .

305D86A5-572D-40EE-8B1F-EE5DAB8986F3.jpeg

On 5/24/2020 at 11:57 AM, spitfire said:

This is very disappointing.  But I guess that's the cost of signing for a big club. 

I think we'd all like to see what Liam can do on loan in the Championship, or even a league like Denmark or the Netherlands, but signing your career over to a club for 3 more years is a steep price to pay. 

My main concern is that he is playing regularly by the time we are playing important world cup qualifiers next year. We all want him to be a consistent, legitimate option for us. Right now, he's still very much a wildcard. 

9 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

Well his plans should be to leave Liverpool like come on how obvious does it have to be? He can fight for minutes but really is he going to get any in that Klopp system? Unless they decide to play him in matches where LFC's superstar players are resting but how often is that really experts you tell me😡🤬

At least on another team, a team that is not Liverpool he will actually get playing time and get more of a chance to show what he can do. Like if he were to go anywhere else in England or even to another league altogether, then the chances of him cracking a starting 11 on another team increases exponentially depending on what team it is

I mean don't get me wrong he is talented but really he is being held back in my opinion.

Please shut the hell up you inbred fucktard. Your two cents worth on every topic is neither necessary nor wanted. What is wrong with you...besides enjoying hearing yourself talk? Why don't you just sit back, read and learn something for a change?  There are so many posters on here that make valid contributions even though they may be contradictory to each other at times. But most importantly they are willing to listen to other opinions without need for constant rebuttal. Also they don't feel a need to ramble on incessantly making multiple consecutive posts like you do. If you have something valid to add...please feel free to do so. Otherwise shut the fuck up. I will now await my next banishment by some lame ass moderator that has a comparable IQ as TGAA_Star.

19 hours ago, BrennanFan said:

This is very disappointing.  But I guess that's the cost of signing for a big club. 

It’s part of the business.  Liam is a top prospect and if they’ve already been offered over a million £ for him then they’re not going to let him burn his last year on loan and then walk away on a free transfer.  That would make no sense for them.

Liam Miller is a great looking young player and if he wasn’t playing for literally the best team in the world right now he would probably be a regular sub. Think about that.

I think @spitfire and the rest of Liam’s team know what they’re doing and it’s high stakes.  If Liam can break through to the 18 for Liverpool this contract then it jumps him forward in his contract.  If he can’t and can secure a top end loan and extend then that sounds like another great option.

The next 12 months are important for him.  We’re all engaged as fans but it sounds like he’s getting good advise.  We’re honestly lucky that spitfire is giving us this information.

For me @spitfire is one of the best contributors to this forum. Obviously he has a very close relationship to Liam so I assume it can be hard to see all us armchair managers say this and that and speculate. But I don't think anyone here posts maliciously (in this thread), and this being a fan forum you're going to hear lots of different opinions!

Back to Millar, from my armchair I also think it might be a bridge too far to be a regular starter at Liverpool. Even breaking into the 18 would be huge. But I think he has a lot of potential, and seems to have a fantastic work ethic. That goes a long way. I would be ecstatic if he became a Premiership player! And I think that's an attainable goal.