Liam Millar

Northvansteve

Caught the last 10 or so minutes of the first half. Liverpool are absolutely flying around, but a bit naive in the final third. Really impressive all things considered.

Liam is a very willing presser and tries to take the correct angle. There is no doubt that part of his game is being well developed at Liverpool. Would like to see him link up more in the second half. Fear he may be substituted at some point as he almost appeared to be non stop sprinting from the bit I watched.

5 minutes ago, TOcanadafan said:

Millar did a lot of work on the night.  Did a great job of not losing the ball and distributing it quickly.  Made some good runs but teammates always opted for the shot rather than the pass.  Looked a bit frustrating having to play with Jones who kept the ball too long and often lost it.

Agreed. He did a lot of good things off the ball moving into space but a lot of his teammates opted to play hero ball(part of growing as a young player I suppose)

Hopefully his hard work does not go unseen. If there's one thing that won't go unnoticed it's how hard he's working out there. Definitely can't knock the effort 

Unbelievable performance from back to front from the whole team. To come out and beat a league one team with basically a u20 team. Brilliant 

so incredibly proud of Liam asked to do a job to press and push and run. He put a proper shift in and did all that an more. That dummy near the end and if Curtis would hve put him in he would have scored for sure. 

so so proud. . No one can ever take that away from him having played for Liverpool FC in the FA Cup team  a winning team. 
lost for words time for a beer 

Edited by spitfire

3 minutes ago, spitfire said:

Unbelievable performance from back to front from the whole team. To come out and beat a league one team with basically a u20 team. Brilliant 

so incredibly proud of Liam asked to do a job to press and push and run. He put a proper shift in and did all that an more. That dummy near the end and if Curtis would hve put him in he would have scored for sure. 

so so proud. . No one can ever take that away from him having played for Liverpool FC in the FA Cup team  a winning team. 
lost for words time for a beer 

Were you in Anfield, mate? I can't imagine the emotions watching your boy realise his dream.

2 hours ago, BrennanFan said:

Well this is good news and I hope he takes his chance.  

Personally, from the limited times I've seen him play, he seems to be on the level of a Simeon Jackson or Tos Ricketts which is useful to us but not what we hoped. I hope he can get his game to the next level and maybe this is a sign of things to come. 

What?!? Better first touch and better dribbling than either of them.

Better football IQ too (when on the ball).

Not as fast on the pure sprint but already a better player overall.

Well done Liam!

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

1 hour ago, spitfire said:

Liam is made up ( Young British for really happy) James Milner(was at the game) came up to Liam after the game and said he thought he did really welll!!!!said he put a proper shift in for the team ....

From the man who often wears the captain's armband for the first team, that is simply the icing on the cake for his debut. 

Real recognize real.

Enjoy the evening Dad and congrats to Liam on his debut. 

Edited by apbsmith