Yea I’m with everything @Colliedor is saying.

How he makes that jump from the mid tier SPL to the Bundesliga is beyond me. I watched Killie games, and I’ve said before it looks like CPL quality at times. I do think this is in part his agent stirring up some interest.

....and I’m not writing the kid off, I just think from what I’ve seen, and what he’s done on the professional level - isn’t enough yet! He’s got lots of work to do to improve, and I’m sure he can consistently do it in the Championship or even League One. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He had an amazing 75 mins in front of 58000 fans at Celtic Park. The atmosphere was unbelievable. (I was there!!!) He was Completely shattered after the match. He absolutely worked his socks off

Champions!! Amazing for Liam to be a part of such an amazing club and not a bad year to make your senior debut!! Onwards and upwards!! #ynwa!!

Unbelievable performance from back to front from the whole team. To come out and beat a league one team with basically a u20 team. Brilliant  so incredibly proud of Liam asked to do a job to pres

Posted Images

Anytime I’ve watched him play for the CMNT his pace and ability on the ball really stand out... he has something special.  I think it’s only a matter of time that he will end up being our 3rd most important player behind Davies and David.

A lot of naysayers are just pointing  to his second stint with Kilmarnock (his first was extremely positive)... half a season with a horrible coach, mediocre team in a goon league, and people are writing him off.

Otherwise he has been an influential performer for Liverpool’s youth teams, both U19 and then U23 against “kids” his own age. This is why he has interest from clubs in the Championship and Bundesliga.

And in that one FA cup game he showed that he can be an effective cog in the ultra intense pressing team style of Liverpool... he played the Firminio role superbly.  I don’t doubt that Liverpool still rates him highly as a top prospect and has him in their future plans as they hope he continues to grow and develop.

I think what some people fail to realize is that with loans, there is a progressive education in football that comes with it.  The SPFL is not a league for the faint of heart.  It is where you go from being a youth academy player where you play against peers to becoming an adult hardened professional where you get kicked lumps out of you and there's no hiding.  The loans at Kilmarnock if nothing else should have made Liam tougher to go with the pace and the skill.  The next move will be the next stage of his career progression and hopefully, should be a step up from the SPFL.   

Maybe it was more difficult for Liam to succeed at Kilmonarck than it would be at a club like Mainz. 

And maybe it was more difficult for Liam in the SPL than it would be in the Bundesliga. 

But maybe not. Bundesliga is definitely a better league than the SPL.

Appreciate the feedback and perspectives from everyone. My conclusion is that Liam's loan in Scotland was not a success in terms of productivity and arguably impact. The jury is out on whether things will be better at the Championship or Bundesliga, which are a higher level. I am still of the opinion his Scotland struggles were down to the style of the league rather than the quality.

Regardless, I hope he has success because I really believe in his talent and quality. He has the tools and I suspect that with more experience and perhaps an increase in mental fortitude, the end product will surely improve!  

Edited by Obinna
16 minutes ago, Strait Red said:

Based on what? Why only these teams?

Based off of my own theory and well because on those teams is where I feel as if Liam can make a difference or at the very least get more playing time 

5 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Based off of my own theory and well because on those teams is where I feel as if Liam can make a difference or at the very least get more playing time 

Care to expand on your theory? Is there a common characteristic these teams share which may suggest Liam could be a good fit?

7 minutes ago, archer21 said:

Bundesliga clubs that Liam could be loaned out to:

1. FC Köln
1899 Hoffenheim
Bayer Leverkusen
Bayern Munich
Borussia Dortmund
Borussia Mönchengladbach
Eintracht Frankfurt
FC Augsburg
Hamburger SV
Hannover 96
Hertha BSC
Mainz 05
RB Leipzig
SC Freiburg
Schalke 04
VfB Stuttgart
VfL Wolfsburg
Werder Bremen

If you are trying to goad me then bad move on your part especially when a man is still grieving and could go off at any second

5 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Care to expand on your theory? Is there a common characteristic these teams share which may suggest Liam could be a good fit?

Well they are mid level or near bottom of the table teams, well the teams I chose that he could be a good fit on. Also the fact that those teams are for the most part young and don't have as many established superstars on those teams or have some stars, then well he is perfect.

1 minute ago, TGAA_Star said:

Well they are mid level or near bottom of the table teams, well the teams I chose that he could be a good fit on. Also the fact that those teams are for the most part young and don't have as many established superstars on those teams or have some stars, then well he is perfect.

Fair enough.

Bayer Leverkusen are more of a top level team though, wouldn't you say?

They are young but very talented, so I don't know if that's a good place for Liam to get playing time. 

5 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Bayer Leverkusen finished as one of the top teams in bundesliga and have Havertz, Bailey & Diaby. All of which have superstar potential. Don’t see Liam getting much time if the case was he was loaned there.

Edited by N1ckbr0wn
18 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

Bayer Leverkusen finished as one of the top teams in bundesliga and have Havertz, Bailey & Diaby. All of which have superstar potential. Don’t see Liam getting much time if the case was he was loaned there.

He's still unproven at senior level, so I can't imagine he'll be brought in expecting to lead the line on any Bundesliga team. I think he'll be brought in as a backup to an established player, expecting to bring energy off the bench and potentially start a couple matches. 

11 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

I get the criticism of @TGAA_Star because of listing random teams but many people do that on here without the same backlash. We are all just speculating based upon random tidbits of knowledge we have.

Most people frame it as an opinion and not a statement though

Any thoughts on which Italian teams he could go to??  Seriously though, a lot of these "silly season" transfer threads are 90% speculation and even more than usual dubious opinion posts.  Even articles from English papers should be taken with a grain of salt.  Lets not get too worked up about it.  

Yeah can't even speculate without being goaded by all of you people🤬🤬🤬 never mind the fact that I am still grieving. But anyway back to Liam Millar, him attracting interest from Bundesliga clubs well makes sense since Germany now is a hotspot not just for American players but now Canadian players because of Davies. So by Davies playing there, it exposes more and more Canadians to the Bundesliga. My point being Liam Millar if he is going to be loaned out from Liverpool and him attracting interest from German clubs really can't be a surprise given the whole Davies effect is all I'm saying or all I will say to any of you.

Wouldn't a loan to a lower table EPL team make more sense? Liverpool would be able to keep a closer eye on him. If he is getting regular minutes with a first team, Liverpool would also have the ability to see how he plays against their first team a couple of times as well. A one year loan to a newly promoted team would probably be welcomed from most sides of the equation.