Liam Millar

Northvansteve

5 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

I mean it is not that bad. I mean it could be worse but English Chsmpionship, he can really light it up

I’m not sure how many English Championship games you’ve watched, but it’s a very high level. Top 10 league in the world even. Lots of young talent goes on loan to that league to get game time and develop. It would be a great move for Liam’s career.

19 minutes ago, Strait Red said:

I’m not sure how many English Championship games you’ve watched, but it’s a very high level. Top 10 league in the world even. Lots of young talent goes on loan to that league to get game time and develop. It would be a great move for Liam’s career.

Yeah it would but would Liverpool be willing to send him to the Championship 

16 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Like he lit up the SPL? And do you think the SPL is better than the English Championship?

I think he can score goals at the right club in the English Championship.

Apparently he was consistently hacked in the SPL. That's how you stop dangerous players in Scotland. Wasn't his loan cut short due to the style of play not being good for his development?

Surround him with talented players on a strong English Championship club and I think you see 7-10 goals from him. 

Edited by Obinna

6 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Apparently he was consistently hacked in the SPL. That's how you stop dangerous players in Scotland. Wasn't his loan cut short due to the style of play not being good for his development?

Surround him with talented players on a strong English Championship club and I think you see 7-10 goals from him. 

So many Canadians have rotted on the bench after a slow start in the Championship in the past. It's a challenging league, but it is the logical next step for him. I just hope he finds the right situation as England hasn't been particularly forgiving to Canadians in the past. I have to think that a couple more appearances with Liverpool would help land him in a better situation. The title should be wrapped up pretty quickly here, so perhaps an appearance at some point could be in the cards 

13 hours ago, Obinna said:

No...no...I just saw the standings in the Championship but looking at the teams right now facing promotion back into the EPL you have Leeds United and West Brom looking to be promoted back into the League. But Leeds would be a good fit because of their manager Marcelo Bielsa who is probably the perfect manager who can help mold Liam into becoming a better player than what he is.

40 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Why do you say that?

Bielsa is a great manager especially when it comes to player development especially if you have watched him not only coach Leeds but coach other teams in the past like his native Argentina or even when he coached Chile, back in 2010 in South Africa, he was known for playing the young guys a lot. Playing the young guys means they get a sense of confidence going forward and Bielsa if he were to manage Liam Millar especially at Leeds, Liam's confidence would grow and then he could truly play to his potential. Not only is he known for player development but Bielsa is known for attacking football. In a system like that, Liam would thrive.

Speaking of Leeds, Jack Harrison is on loan there from Man City and is doing very well for himself. I think Millar is capable of the same. It doesn't have to be at Leeds, but it could be another team. He started at Fulham and perhaps they would be interested in bringing him back?

3 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Speaking of Leeds, Jack Harrison is on loan there from Man City and is doing very well for himself. I think Millar is capable of the same. It doesn't have to be at Leeds, but it could be another team. He started at Fulham and perhaps they would be interested in bringing him back?

Well Fulham right now are 3rd in the Championship 

3 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

He wants to move up the Liverpool ranks. I can admire and respect that but in order to get more playing time, the Championship is the right move for him at least for right now. 

He agrees with you. From the article...

"The 20-year-old from Brampton, Ont. ... hopes to go out on loan again to get playing time while moving up the ladder.

“I’m aiming for the English Championship hopefully,” he said, referencing England’s second tier. “I think it’s probably the best second league in the world.

“It’s also one of the toughest league’s too because you have a game every three days. It’s back-to-back, back-to-back and I think it’s the perfect thing that can help me get to the Premier League and be ready for it.” "