Liam Millar

Northvansteve

Don't see a thread for Liam Millar who looks like a major up-and-coming talent at forward. Playing at Liverpool U18 with lots of early success and buzz: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/who-liverpool-u18s-hat-trick-11753309

Reported to turn 17 this year which makes him a '99.

Edited by Northvansteve

9 minutes ago, Northvansteve said:

Fixed. Thanks!

No problem!

Millar definitely seems to be one for the future, there's a possibility we might even see him with the U-20s this season, especially given that he won't be eligible for the U-17s this spring. That's of course assuming he keeps up the great form he's been in for Liverpool's U-18s so far through preseason and the start of league play.

So far, he's only participated in one camp for the national programme, which was a friendly tournament with the U-17s in 2014. He's been training in England with Fulham and now Liverpool for the last five years or so.

7 hours ago, jpg75 said:

I thought someone mentioned that his dad is a coach in S. Ontario and is a big believer in Canadian soccer?

I won't post his name here for his own privacy, but his twitter isn't hard to find of you really want to. Lots of post history about CMNT from 2014 back, but not much recent. Not sure what you can take from that, not sure who said he was a S. Ontario coach

41 minutes ago, Complete Homer said:

I won't post his name here for his own privacy, but his twitter isn't hard to find of you really want to. Lots of post history about CMNT from 2014 back, but not much recent. Not sure what you can take from that, not sure who said he was a S. Ontario coach

Not much recent with WCQ going on?! Guess his dad is filing the one-time switch too...

His dad got in contact with me. First off, Liam is dedicated to Canada. He is eligible for England who have contacted him but he is choosing to play for Canada. He is not Irish and therefore has never been to an Irish U18 camp.

Second, the CSA called him up to a camp for '98's (Liam is a '99, turning 17 next month) a few years ago when he joined Fulham and since then has not been called back until now. Pretty sure the U17's could have used him last year.

Edited by jpg75

7 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

Well done, Oranje.  Feel better now?

People need to stop jumping to conclusions and realize that not everyone is as obsessed as a bunch of soccer nerds.  And maybe wait until players actually suit up for other teams before crucifying them.

I'm fairly certain Oranje was kidding (and so was I) 

On August 18, 2016 at 8:42 PM, El Hombre said:

Fair enough.  Didn't come across that way, but post deleted.

Haha definitely was joking, didn't think a parent needed to file a one-time switch :P I agree with your deleted post, though, 100%

• 1 month later...