Liam Millar

Northvansteve

1 hour ago, TGAA_Star said:

But anyway back to Liam Millar, him attracting interest from Bundesliga clubs well makes sense since Germany now is a hotspot not just for American players but now Canadian players because of Davies. So by Davies playing there, it exposes more and more Canadians to the Bundesliga. My point being Liam Millar if he is going to be loaned out from Liverpool and him attracting interest from German clubs really can't be a surprise given the whole Davies effect is all I'm saying or all I will say to any of you.

You could be right, but I'm not sure we've seen any evidence of that yet. I bet there were close to a dozen loans from Premier League teams to Bundesliga teams this year. It's not that uncommon, and I wouldn't assume Liam's nationality is playing a role.

Besides, Germany was pretty friendly to Canadian players long before Davies. I think the rumoured interest in Jonathan David is a result of him having a fantastic season and openly expressing interest in the Bundesliga on many occasions, moreso than the league making a concerted effort to attract Canadians. I do hope we see more Canadians given a look at higher levels in Germany, but I don't think Canada has the same marketing pull as American players do so we shouldn't expect the same treatment

Edited by Aird25

10 minutes ago, hodgkiss said:

Wouldn't a loan to a lower table EPL team make more sense? Liverpool would be able to keep a closer eye on him. If he is getting regular minutes with a first team, Liverpool would also have the ability to see how he plays against their first team a couple of times as well. A one year loan to a newly promoted team would probably be welcomed from most sides of the equation.

If what you describe is step 3..... and his Kilmonarck loans were step 1.....then I believe we are currently discussing his step 2.

Hopefully he will be ready for what you are saying after a solid loan to the Bundesliga, or more likely the Championship. 

1 hour ago, TGAA_Star said:

Yeah can't even speculate without being goaded by all of you people🤬🤬🤬 never mind the fact that I am still grieving. But anyway back to Liam Millar, him attracting interest from Bundesliga clubs well makes sense since Germany now is a hotspot not just for American players but now Canadian players because of Davies. So by Davies playing there, it exposes more and more Canadians to the Bundesliga. My point being Liam Millar if he is going to be loaned out from Liverpool and him attracting interest from German clubs really can't be a surprise given the whole Davies effect is all I'm saying or all I will say to any of you.

I was just having a little bit of fun with you.

Don't worry, you still my dawg.

2 hours ago, hodgkiss said:

Wouldn't a loan to a lower table EPL team make more sense? Liverpool would be able to keep a closer eye on him. If he is getting regular minutes with a first team, Liverpool would also have the ability to see how he plays against their first team a couple of times as well. A one year loan to a newly promoted team would probably be welcomed from most sides of the equation.

Players on loan are not permitted to play against their parent clubs.

if he’s staying in England, the Championship is the right level at this point.

The maple leaf goggles are blinding a lot of perceptions from the reality. How you go from an average SPL loan, get recalled to not play professional games, but then go to a lower level premier league team or bundesliga team is again...beyond me. Nobody makes those leaps, and if they have please name them.

Again I think he’ll end up in the Championship, or if he does go to a Bundesliga team it’s to play for the II team. 

43 minutes ago, Shway said:

The maple leaf goggles are blinding a lot of perceptions from the reality. How you go from an average SPL loan, get recalled to not play professional games, but then go to a lower level premier league team or bundesliga team is again...beyond me. Nobody makes those leaps, and if they have please name them.

Again I think he’ll end up in the Championship, or if he does go to a Bundesliga team it’s to play for the II team. 

I don’t think many on here think Bundesliga is the right choice at this point. I’d rather see a loan to Championship, B2, or something like Belgium or Netherlands. I just took exception to the comment that someone made that he failed at Killie. I think it can be true that he did not fail, yet is still not ready for that big of a jump in competition.

Being on the books at Liverpool probably goes a long way, whether that's deserved or not. Also, he made his Liverpool 1st team debut this season. Again, we know the circumstances, but still looks good on his resume.

He has breakout potential, so I would not be surprised if he was loaned to a Bundesliga club. The Championship would be great as well.

16 hours ago, The Real Marc said:

Yeah. I wonder how much of this is agent talk. Maybe it's Bundeslia 2?

Hoilett went on loan to the 2.Bundesliga from Blackburn Rovers, before ever playing a match for their first team. 

Millar has already played for the first team of Liverpool (albeit an FA cup match full of reserves).

That's not to say he wouldn't go on loan there. It may actually be the perfect level for him. With the Liverpool affiliation though I expect stronger clubs to be interested, deserved or not.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, archer21 said:

Sounds perfect. Go to a Championship side where they’ll hopefully battle for promotion. 

It would be a great move for all involved if this happened. I just checked the EFL rules and there's a max of 4 loan players allowed from a single club (out of a total max of 5). Swansea are already begging to extend Rhian Brewster's loan for next season. If the clubs can agree on that, plus these other 3, every one of those players would benefit, Swansea would get some young, driven players who have been spent 2-5 years training under the best manager in the world (or, at least, under his staff coaches), and Liverpool gets to give competitive experience to some highly rated prospects in a trusted environment. Make no mistake, though. Brewster and Hoever are both going to be top pros for the next decade, or more. Grabara is a major goalkeeping prospect. Liam is the longest shot of the four and will absolutely need to grasp any opportunities that come his way with both hands. It couldn't hurt that he'd have some familiar faces around him in training every day, should this come to fruition. I hope it happens.

1 minute ago, Mikmacdo said:

That would be great for Liam to Swansea. Brewster tore it up there he's too good for that level. 

Brewster was essentially getting his first competitive games after nearly 18 months out with a bad injury. He was a 1 in 2 striker for a half a season in the Championship, but is still far away from regular minutes in Liverpool's first team. Liam is quite far behind Brewster in the Liverpool pecking order. As a Liverpool supporter, I'd love to see Brewster go to Leeds for a year of Premier League experience under the legend that is Bielsa, with Liam taking his spot at Swansea. I'd be over the moon with Liam getting around 1500 minutes in all competitions for a Championship club. Brentford would be another dream scenario for a loan move.

16 hours ago, jordan said:

Too bad Spitfire couldn’t weigh in on this, though I think he’s apprehensive after someone shared his screenshots on twitter. 

You are right I can’t atm comment not about loans and with all the Liam bashing of certain posters in other threads (more than one...) by the usual suspects I better not.
I end up typing a long reply stating all his stats and accomplishments records and who he plays for and how long of a contract with LFC he has blah blah blah

But what does it get me??! I end up deleting it as in the end to some people no matter how far Liam has come and how well he does it won’t change their opinion. Their issues are personal ,mostly uninformed and most follow an agenda. 

Liam has his own pathway. He has done very very well and any call up or position  he has gotten is based on skill and merit And hard work. End of story.

He is a proud Canadian who is very honoured to have played for Canada and hopes to have  more call ups but every one will have to be earned. 

And for the record him and his missus read this forum every now and then...

have a nice night 

His missus reads the foums??  Mine will barely let me turn the TV to a game  and gives me a very bored/kill me now look when I start complaining about "some kid who grew up in canada but now wants to play for another country" for the millionth time.  As if when her fav soap hunk left young and the restless and went to Days of our lives I didnt hear about it for weeks!!  

3 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

His missus reads the foums??  Mine will barely let me turn the TV to a game  and gives me a very bored/kill me now look when I start complaining about "some kid who grew up in canada but now wants to play for another country" for the millionth time.  As if when her fav soap hunk left young and the restless and went to Days of our lives I didnt hear about it for weeks!!  

Lol she’s sports crazy ..we have been watch and taping the nhl playoff here in the UK ...

His missus was a high performance athlete that was on a full Athletic ice hockey scholarship at Pen State she is awesome and atm sitting here with us watching Athletico and Red Bull in the champions league...

Edited by spitfire

It's crazy to me some of the keyboard warriors on here feel the need to explain to us all how Millar will end up in his career. He's one of the best talents in Canada, during a time when we are fielding the best team we have ever had.

Millar has a huge fanbase, including the group who signed him to the best club on the planet.

Can't wait to see if a loan comes up!

26 minutes ago, spitfire said:

You are right I can’t atm comment not about loans and with all the Liam bashing of certain posters in other threads (more than one...) by the usual suspects I better not.
I end up typing a long reply stating all his stats and accomplishments records and who he plays for and how long of a contract with LFC he has blah blah blah

But what does it get me??! I end up deleting it as in the end to some people no matter how far Liam has come and how well he does it won’t change their opinion. Their issues are personal ,mostly uninformed and most follow an agenda. 

Liam has his own pathway. He has done very very well and any call up or position  he has gotten is based on skill and merit And hard work. End of story.

He is a proud Canadian who is very honoured to have played for Canada and hopes to have  more call ups but every one will have to be earned. 

And for the record him and his missus read this forum every now and then...

have a nice night 

It’s certainly understandable that you can’t share anything while negotiations are ongoing. Hopefully the critics haven’t scared you off from providing some insight once the deal has been completed. The vast majority of the board appreciate the info you provide.

I don’t think there’s a single person not rooting for Millar, or any other Canadian player to succeed. If I’m interpreted as something other than that, then the points are missed. I appreciate dad being here and giving updates, but facts and stats are the reality that my opinions are based on. Right now we are in a golden generation where we aren’t as short for options as in the past and promising talent can’t be the end all be all. If so Ballou, Bair, Tristan and now Yankov should receive the same preferential treatment. 

If he goes to the championship I hope he tears it up like Brewster did.