Liam Millar

Northvansteve

56 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

No real insight into it, but I would be a bit surprised if Klopp didn't rotate the squad quite a bit if/when they clinch.  I think winning the league is the only significant prize - breaking some points record would probably be viewed as a lower priority than the opportunity to give a bunch of the squad players really valuable experience against top opposition.   

I tend to agree more with your point than Mikmacdo's on this one, but to be fair to his point, I can see Klopp playing a relatively strong squad after they clinch. Not to break all the records, but to ensure the club keeps up their momentum. It is a single club after all, regardless of who is actually on the field. They'll want to keep the winning vibes going...

Perhaps they'd close out the epl season with a team closer to what we saw today than the side expected next Tuesday. Still though, there will surely be a bit of rotation on some level. That I am sure of...

If things line up favorably for Millar, I think he could make his first team debut. Not sure how many games or minutes, but I like to think he'll at least do that. It would be a major accomplishment for him, I think. It could also set him up for better potential loans next season too, having actually played for the EPL champions.

Edited by Obinna

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 6:39 PM, dyslexic nam said:

No real insight into it, but I would be a bit surprised if Klopp didn't rotate the squad quite a bit if/when they clinch.  I think winning the league is the only significant prize - breaking some points record would probably be viewed as a lower priority than the opportunity to give a bunch of the squad players really valuable experience against top opposition.   

Agree with this one, you know Klopp wants the double BPL & CL titles.

The point record, though awesome, is extra cherry.

Well this is good news and I hope he takes his chance.  

Personally, from the limited times I've seen him play, he seems to be on the level of a Simeon Jackson or Tos Ricketts which is useful to us but not what we hoped. I hope he can get his game to the next level and maybe this is a sign of things to come. 

It's not on TV in the UK, US, Canada, or Australia. I'm listening to the live audio on the Liverpool website, and will watch the replay when they show it in 15 hours.

Liam sounds lively in the first few minutes. He led a quick counter, but failed to pick out an open pass.

Anfield is packed and Millar's pace has already been mentioned several times in the first 5 minutes. I think he's going to have a good game.