Scott Kennedy

I'll admit to being more a Kennedy skeptic than most, but I think this match won me over. I think most us overestimate how much actual physical fitness (stamina, strength, etc.) is lost during an offseason, and how long it takes to gain that back, but the difference in sharpness (reaction times, comfort on the ball, etc.) between Kennedy and Miller (a player I like and has been excellent in this campaign) was evident. 

1 hour ago, Shway said:

Does anyone think he can play in the centre of a back 3 in replace of Vitoria?

Miller-Kennedy-Johnston 

Can he play there? Yes. 

Is that the best use of him? Not sure.

I ultimately think Waterman slots into the middle of our back 3, but if we want someone in our current selection to do it, aside from Vitoria and Henry, I would got with Cornelius. I think Kennedy is far to valuable on the left side of a back 3, where he can shut players down with his defending and athleticism.

I say Cornelius because I think he has more composure to play there than Miller, but one could argue Miller-Kennedy-Johnston is the getting the best 3 players on the field, in which case I would absolutely put Kennedy in the middle. 

The issue with both Johnston and Miller in a back 3/4 is that they  lack height and we become vulnerable to crosses into the box.  We saw this in the last parts of both the Mex & Hon games. Johnston is the only right footer that can play RCB so Miller is probably the one that may have to be sacrificed for either Kennedy or Cornelius to deal with what is one area we need to strengthen. btw I do like Kamal. He is a fiery competitor and  is going to get stronger over the next few years.