Scott Kennedy

• 2 weeks later...

Still in injury recovery but seems to be doing training with the ball.

Einzig Scott Kennedy wird am Wochenende fehlen, auch der kanadische Innenverteidiger macht aber wieder erste Sachen auf dem Trainingsplatz mit dem Ball. Bis er wieder einsatzbereit ist, wird es aber noch ein bisschen dauern.

https://www.ssv-jahn.de/alle-neuigkeiten/news-im-detail/ans-limit-gehen/

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2021 at 12:29 AM, TOCanada115 said:

Any update on him for this weeks game? Maybe a bench appearance?

As of yesterday Scott Kennedy was back on the training ground but won't be in the squad for Saturday’s match:

https://www.ssv-jahn.de/alle-neuigkeiten/news-im-detail/genau-so-weitermachen/

Darüber freut sich Chef-Trainer Mersad Selimbegovic, auch wenn es für manchen Akteur wie zum Beispiel Scott Kennedy für einen Einsatz am Samstag noch nicht reichen wird.

Auto translated:

"The Canadian has already convinced in the pre-season in the 2nd Bundesliga and now seamlessly builds on these strong performances. The Regensburg defender has hardly any weaknesses: Kennedy is good in the duel, dangerous in the offensive (one goal from five shots on goal) and with a top speed of 34.4 km / h one of the fastest 20 players in the league. No wonder Regensburg is at the top!"

18 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

Auto translated:

"The Canadian has already convinced in the pre-season in the 2nd Bundesliga and now seamlessly builds on these strong performances. The Regensburg defender has hardly any weaknesses: Kennedy is good in the duel, dangerous in the offensive (one goal from five shots on goal) and with a top speed of 34.4 km / h one of the fastest 20 players in the league. No wonder Regensburg is at the top!"

Wow, didn't realize he was that fast.

8 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

Wow, didn't realize he was that fast.

Yeah, I read that last week, and the same thing popped in my head.  We haven't seen him enough.  The few times we have he's gotten forward a few times and you sense he's got some pace, but then you read he's one of the fastest players in bundesliga 2.  34.4Kph is blinding pace for a 6'3 big strong fullback.  He's had a bad touch that lead to a goal recently, but on the whole I think he's an extremely important player.  I think his true quality will become even more apparent the more we see him. 

Hopefully his team can gain promotion.   

56 minutes ago, Shway said:

I find it hard to say he walks back into the starting XI.
Miller has been consistently solid, against competition Scott has never faced. 

There are no easy starts for anyone on our roster except Davies, Eustaquio and Borjan at the moment.  Competition for starting spots for Canada have become very tough.

1 hour ago, JB1515 said:

Fair point but he should (we hope) have match fitness in January unlike Miller

I hope he is fit again for January because I have reservations about playing out of season players in any position, I suppose a camp would help but it is still not the same as playing competitive matches!

Edited by gator