Scott Kennedy

16 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

In the January window Miller will still be an MLS player having hibernated for two months. Kennedy will play - if only out of necessity. 

Given how prone Kennedy is to injuries he may only play one for the three matches but even assuming a one match contribution, that would still go a LONG way given the rotation we will need to perform well in those three match windows.

Edit: He could also be another late game sub option if Henry gets a yellow card :D

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

Back in the XI today but Regensburg got shrekt by Hamburg 4-1. 

I think at this point automatic promotion is not any sort of guarantee. Teams seemed to have figured them out and there's a lot of competition at the top of the table for promotion spots. There's at least 6-7 teams fighting for those three spots. and within 3 points of each other.

Edited by VinceA

On 11/18/2021 at 7:20 AM, Sal333 said:

In the January window Miller will still be an MLS player having hibernated for two months. Kennedy will play - if only out of necessity. 

This isn't a two horse race  however:  if Cornelius continues to be a regular starter in Greece, he should be in the competition to start.  

I don't think Regensburg are getting promoted... when they were leading the table a few weeks ago, literally no one on their forum was considering promotion lol. They were all focused on getting the 40 points needed to avoid relegation. They had a great start, but this seemed kinda inevitable on paper. I think they're probably a decent midtable team, and there's nothing wrong with that. It's still a good level for Kennedy to be playing at.

On 11/18/2021 at 9:20 AM, Sal333 said:

How do we know Miller won't be moving on to bigger and better things come Jan 1? He's played like a man possessed and has grown leaps and bounds even since June/July against Suriname and Haiti. I put him right up there with Alistair, Eustaquio and Laryea in how much they deserve to move on from their current situation. Would definitely welcome Kennedy but I have a feeling Miller and a few other MLS guys will be seeing much greener (and more natural) pastures in the very near future.

The coaching staff have been high on Kamal since the 2-0 home win v USA  and he will only get better with starting minutes with CFM. While there is a lot to like about his game, he is a little short for a CB. Alistair is also a wee short for a CB. This makes us a bit vulnerable to crosses into the box and defending corners/set pieces as well as the ability to convert set pieces (notwithstanding v Mexico). Kennedy offers significant height, amazing speed and excellent passing. If Scott keeps healthy and continues to start at Jahn he is going to challenge for that LCB or CB spot. It's Kamal's spot for now but we know that Herdman is not afraid to make changes, like not starting David v Mexico

On 11/20/2021 at 5:33 PM, PiedPilko said:

I don't think Regensburg are getting promoted... when they were leading the table a few weeks ago, literally no one on their forum was considering promotion lol. They were all focused on getting the 40 points needed to avoid relegation. They had a great start, but this seemed kinda inevitable on paper. I think they're probably a decent midtable team, and there's nothing wrong with that. It's still a good level for Kennedy to be playing at.

Exactly, you got it. That B2 is chock full of major teams who are all candidates to go up, with big stadiums and fan bases. And B1 is dear, since it is only 18 teams. Dynamo, who they played yesterday, was in B3 last year, and they have the most amazing stadium and fan base (was at a match there in 2019, vs. St Pauli, packed). So it is not easy and I am sure you are right. Staying up is a huge achievement and consolidates Scott in B2. 

We have just gotten a bit greedy lately, and don't have a major defender in our roster. 

Scott will slowly work his way back into the team.

On 11/26/2021 at 12:42 PM, PiedPilko said:

Was listed to start but got pulled from the lineup last minute today. Not sure what's going on.

On 11/26/2021 at 2:51 PM, VinceA said:

apparently an adductor issue.

For tomorrow's match he is listed as a possible inclusion ( not 100% ). He is back in training with the squad and "could be an option again".

https://www.ssv-jahn.de/alle-neuigkeiten/news-im-detail/es-wird-krachen/

Scott Kennedy hat wieder trainiert und könnte ebenfalls wieder eine Option sein.

57 minutes ago, footballfreak said:

Reminds me of when Phonzy was first making his name in Europe. Bayern played an English club in the Champions League (I want to say Spurs), and the commentator called him “Davis” the entire match.

It's because Ben Davies pronounces his name like that. Seems like a British thing.