Scott Kennedy

4 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Regensburg down 3-0 in injury time. 

They lost 3-0 :(

The good news is that it makes a case for him to keep getting starts.

The bad news is that he is injured again. 😭

Given how injury prone he is:

1) Will he be OK for the World Cup?

2) Will the Jahn want to extend his contract whennit ends in June?

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Starting v Sandhausen

Scott had a decent attempt on a header from a set piece that didn't miss the target by much. Scott really does have fantastic pace evident on a couple loose balls.  Found a stream and watched the last 20 minutes of the first half.  Haven't seen Kennedy play in some time.  I won't have any concerns if Miller picks up a knock and Kennedy had to fill in for him at the world cup.  We have good cover at this position. 

2 hours ago, prairiecanuck said:

Scott had a decent attempt on a header from a set piece that didn't miss the target by much. Scott really does have fantastic pace evident on a couple loose balls.  Found a stream and watched the last 20 minutes of the first half.  Haven't seen Kennedy play in some time.  I won't have any concerns if Miller picks up a knock and Kennedy had to fill in for him at the world cup.  We have good cover at this position. 

Any loss on Miller's obvious talents are countered by Kennedy's aerial prowess and quickness.

That sucks for Scott, and of course removes some of our depth and speed at the CB position.

Google translate of they key part of the article above:

"The Canadian national player Scott Kennedy from SSV Jahn Regensburg will miss the World Cup in Qatar due to injury. The 25-year-old central defender suffered a shoulder injury in the 4th minute of the 0:3 draw against Hansa Rostock on Saturday. "Kennedy will be missing for a few months," said Jahn coach Mersad Selimbegovic after the home game in the 2nd Bundesliga."

Edited by Gian-Luca

I am sure I speak for every forum member when I send my best wishes to Scott ( and his family @Ian Kennedy )  .

The rest of Canada sadly won't get the chance to see him on the biggest stage at the World Cup, but we the die-hard fans know who got us qualified and brought us to this point.

Rest and recovery and hopefully we will see Scott during the March window. 💪