Scott Kennedy

1 hour ago, frmr said:

It's because Ben Davies pronounces his name like that. Seems like a British thing.

I actually got to call the Bolton TFC game when it happened. They were adamant about Kevin Davies being pronounced day-viss. Needless to say all my Canadian friends called me to tell me I was blowing it by getting the captain’s name wrong. 

15 hours ago, footballfreak said:

Reminds me of when Phonzy was first making his name in Europe. Bayern played an English club in the Champions League (I want to say Spurs), and the commentator called him “Davis” the entire match.

Some still do. 

It's like Doherty being pronounced the correct British/Irish way of - "do kuh tee", when talking about American celebrities/sportspersons with that name.

Either being stubbornly British or don't know any better. 

They still say "tacko" for the thing that ends in Bell, despite me telling them they are wrong every chance I get. For instance.

1 hour ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

English people usually do not pronounce Docherty correctly as they can't do the guttural -ch- bit properly. Same issue that happens with something like Loch Ness or Belfast Lough. Some younger Scots are losing the ability to do it as well especially in and around Glasgow.

Lots of Irish pronounce it Dowherty (ish).  Depends on where you are from.  First question in this clip https://twitter.com/offtheball/status/1168229704656150528?s=21

I would guess the English default to something more like Scottish pronouciation because it is more part of the UK (?) 

But that is from my personal experience and worth remembering things like the accent from the city of Oxford to the Cotswold hills (less than 30 miles) is massively different even today. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

10 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Some still do. 

It's like Doherty being pronounced the correct British/Irish way of - "do kuh tee", when talking about American celebrities/sportspersons with that name.

Either being stubbornly British or don't know any better. 

They still say "tacko" for the thing that ends in Bell, despite me telling them they are wrong every chance I get. For instance.

They also insist on pronouncing the J at the start of Jalopeno as a J, not an H. A bunch of weirdos. 😕 

Scott Kennedy is listed as in doubt for Friday's Jahn match. An adductor muscle issue.

https://www.ssv-jahn.de/alle-neuigkeiten/news-im-detail/an-die-grenzen-gehen-1/

Vor dem Heimspiel am Freitagabend gibt es noch einige offene Personalien. Bei Andreas Albers (Erkältung), Scott Kennedy (Adduktoren-Probleme) und Jan-Niklas Beste (kleiner Faserriss) ist noch offen, ob es für einen Einsatz gegen Bremen reicht.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

17 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Scott Kennedy is listed as in doubt for Friday's Jahn match. An adductor muscle issue.

https://www.ssv-jahn.de/alle-neuigkeiten/news-im-detail/an-die-grenzen-gehen-1/

Vor dem Heimspiel am Freitagabend gibt es noch einige offene Personalien. Bei Andreas Albers (Erkältung), Scott Kennedy (Adduktoren-Probleme) und Jan-Niklas Beste (kleiner Faserriss) ist noch offen, ob es für einen Einsatz gegen Bremen reicht.

Wonder if he re-re injured it in training - it didn't sound that bad when he did a full training a few days ago

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2021 at 7:36 AM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Played the last 5 minutes or so of today's match.

2. Bundesliga is now on break for almost a month. I hope he gets all the rest and recovery he needs and stays healthy in 2022. 💪🏻

It was a strong 5 minutes (but as you know, I'm biased).  Great to seem him back on the pitch doing what he loves to do.  Scott's coming home for the holidays.  It will be great to see him.  He'll get a break from what has been a roller coaster 1st half of the season. It was a "rocket ship" trajectory start, quickly stopped by injury.  I look forward to hearing about how he's feeling about the second half of the season with the Jahn and the next CMNT games.  Happy holidays!

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, prairiecanuck said:

Really nice to see him get a start and perform well.  With 3 games in 9 and rotation, I think he will be needed.  

I see that Jahn, after a hot start and cooling a bit, are still within range of promotion, with a lot of teams in the mix. With this win today (0-3 with a few minutes left) they are just 2 points back of a playoff spot, 5 back of direct promotion.

And they are not a typical promotion candidate either. So even though Scott got injured, lost many games, has been out of things, and the team has slipped, they are set to pick things up again. 

By the way, they play next week, on the 23rd, then again on Feb 5. So that enables a possible Canada call-up much more with that week's break.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

He hit the woodwork according to whoscored.  Very solid match rating of 7.5. They really needed that win after losing 4 of the last 5. Playoff positioning is still really tight and they’re still in the race if they can get back to their winning ways at the start of the season. Hopefully scott can stay fit for awhile.

Edited by Floortom