Scott Kennedy

21 minutes ago, frmr said:

I haven't seen much of Kennedy at Jahn Regensburg, if they don't go up this year, would he be in a position to make another step up to B1? Would he be on clubs' radars for a move?

If we make the world cup and he has a decent performance, it could help his chances. 

20 minutes ago, frmr said:

I haven't seen much of Kennedy at Jahn Regensburg, if they don't go up this year, would he be in a position to make another step up to B1? Would he be on clubs' radars for a move?

Right now I doubt a bundesliga team would be interested in Kennedy. Maybe a team like Bielefeld, Mainz or a lower table bundesliga team might be interested in him. I feel like a move to a larger 2 bundesliga team like Hamburg or team that gets relegated from the bundesliga is far more likely than a move to a bundesliga team.

32 minutes ago, frmr said:

On the Regensburg forum, they're actually pretty worried about this. Regensburg aren't going up, but if he can stay healthy, you never know!

• 2 weeks later...

Kennedy is back in training with the team and is an option for Saturday's match :

https://www.ssv-jahn.de/alle-neuigkeiten/news-im-detail/die-jahnelf-und-ihr-riesenplus/

A mini-interview with Kennedy :

https://www.ssv-jahn.de/alle-neuigkeiten/news-im-detail/kennedy-geschichte-wird-geschrieben/

Nothing new really, but he confirms what we all know, which is that the role that Herdman asks him to play with the #CanMNT is very similar to his role with the Jahn. ( Left-CB )

43 minutes ago, PiedPilko said:

Poor performance in his return unfortunately. At fault for 2 goals - really struggled to get in good defensive position with Pauli's speed.

On another note, he seems to be taking long throws for Regensburg now.

strange as he's one of the fastest CB in the league

3 hours ago, TOcanadafan said:

Assuming consistent performances the rest of the season, the lack of pace of Kamal Miller (as exhibited on Orlando’s first goal today) is exactly why Kennedy should be favoured for the starting LCB position.

That was shocking….I didn’t realize he’s either that slow, or Ruan is that fast.

1 hour ago, Shway said:

That was shocking….I didn’t realize he’s either that slow, or Ruan is that fast.

Never saw the goal or the game but Ruan is one of the fastest fullbacks in MLS. No shame in being out paced by him. Whether his positioning should have been better, I can't say without viewing the goal.

In general I think Miller has decent pace, but it's not his strong point. 

10 minutes ago, JAVIERF said:

Miller strong asset is his positioning.  He always seems to anticipate where the play is gonna end.   Left foot defenders always look more elegant for  the eyes of the beholder soccer/football connoisseurs

Yeah I always wonder why managers like pep had obsession over left footed defenders 

3 hours ago, pod818 said:

He got beat like that in wcq too. I think it was the Panama goal

I thought that was Laryea's fault. Miller was on the ball carrier when Murillo made the overlapping run. Laryea was tracking him but just stopped running before the pass was made. Miller turned and chased Marillo right away but from a dead stop he was never going to catch a player that was going down the wing at full speed.

It's been an interesting season for Scott.  Scott (and Regensburg) had a "rocket ship" like start losing only 1 of their first 8 games.  In September, the 2 Bundesliga named Scott to the "team of the Season".  Unfortunately, When Scott was injured on Sep 24 in the game against Erzgebirge, both his season (and the Jahn season) went a bit sideways and down.  Following the injury, they won 3 games, had two draws and lost 4 games before Scott returned on December 19 to play 5 mins against Darmstadt.  After the Christmas break, Scott returned and (including playing for CMNT) has returned to form.  Recently, in the Regensburg draw against Dusseldorf, Scott was tested in the first 5 mins - a bad pass in the Regensburg "end" created a breakaway for Ginczek.  Scott had started about 4 steps behind Ginczek and had catch him in the last 30M (or so) and, just inside the box, was able (without a foul/penalty) get Ginczek to lose the ball to Mayer the Goaltender.  It was a wonderful defensive play (and another proud Dad moment) that highlights why Scott deserved to be named to the "team of the season" back in October.  I've watched the replay a number of times ... it makes me smile and I continue to be amazed at his speed and control. While Scott hasn't been able to maintain his "team of the season" status, I'm very happy that he's healthy and contributing again to the Regensburg team and I'm looking forward to watching the CMNT games later this month.  Go Canada!

Edited by Ian Kennedy

10 minutes ago, Ian Kennedy said:

It's been an interesting season for Scott.  Scott (and Regensburg) had a "rocket ship" like start losing only 1 of their first 8 games.  In September, the 2 Bundesliga named Scott to the "team of the Season".  Unfortunately, When Scott was injured on Sep 24 in the game against Erzgebirge, both his season (and the Jahn season) went a bit sideways and down.  Following the injury, they won 3 games, had two draws and lost 4 games before Scott returned on December 19 to play 5 mins against Darmstadt.  After the Christmas break, Scott returned and (including playing for CMNT) and has returned to form.  Recently, in the Regensburg draw against Dusseldorf, Scott was tested in the first 5 mins - a bad pass in the Regensburg "end" created a breakaway for Ginczek.  Scott had started about 4 steps behind Ginczek and had catch him in the last 30M (or so) and, just inside the box, was able (without a foul/penalty) get Ginczek to lose the ball to the Mayer the Goaltender.  It was a wonderful defensive play (and another proud Dad moment) that highlights why Scott deserved to be named to the "team of the season" back in October.  I've watched the reply a number of times ... it makes me smile and I continue to be amazed at his speed and control. While Scott hasn't been able to maintain his "team of the season" status, I'm very happy that he's healthy and contributing again to the Regensburg season and I'm looking forward to watching the CMNT games later this month.  Go Canada!

Sounds like Davies recovery on Haaland. Can you post a clip of it?

12 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Sounds like Davies recovery on Haaland. Can you post a clip of it?

You tube has Dusseldorf's highlights (and commentary) from the game.  Their You Tube video captures the moment, but it doesn't do it justice.  Unfortunately, the Jahn highlights require a subscription to Jahn TV and I'm unable to post their clip (that my words above tried to capture).

On 3/4/2022 at 9:08 AM, Ian Kennedy said:

... both his season (and the Jahn season) went a bit sideways and down.

Another loss for the Jahn today against a really weak team. A match they should have won.

Scott played a full game.

The Jahn are now winless in their last 7 matches and have only won twice in their last 14 matches.

I really hope they can turn things around.

• 2 weeks later...