Scott Kennedy

5 hours ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

Schalke is a promotion contender, no? Probably one of the strongest teams in B2 this year. 

I would’ve assumed so but they’re 1 W - 1 D - 2 L. It’s early though so maybe by the end of the season they will be a contender

11 hours ago, Ivan said:

And pretty naive to think a never before tried back 3 Kennedy, Miller and Johnston are able to organize and clear lines in WCQ.  I like Kennedy and Miller.  But I think one of Vitoria or Henry is required.

Ah, and I can tell by your username which one you prefer.  But remember, yes, Henry's rash challenge cost us a penalty goal vs. Mexico.  Debatable penalty, but a penalty.  Vitoria's ghastly error vs. Haiti would have been punished by most other teams.  

“Debatable penalty”. It was clear and obvious. 

I was mainly kidding and should have added a “haha” so you didnt feel the need to be facetious. I made the username in 2003 when I was 17. Silly teenager fanboying Ronaldo.  

I get it, we do not have depth back there  so I will see Henry whether I like it or not. In my opinion, the negatives (the consistent poor decision-making that we have seen throughout the years) outweigh the positives.

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Jahn play Oct 2, then back on the 15th, so they do stop for the international window.

The Jahn's schedule from now until the start of the November window is very kind; only one match of real "away" travel ( at Paderborn ) because the only other away match is the derby match at Ingolstadt but that is only ~70km away.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

The Jahn's schedule from now until the start of the November window is very kind; only one match of real "away" travel ( at Paderborn ) because the only other away match is the derby match at Ingolstadt but that is only ~70km away.

Speaking of which, what's the deal with Elva?

14 hours ago, TOCanada115 said:

Any news on the severity of this injury? I know his dad pops in here from time to time. 

Out for a few weeks with a torn muscle...will obviously not be at our next set of matches

Good player but really seems to struggle with injuries unfortunately

Edited by Floortom

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

Fortunately we have Miller playing well and Cornelius is now starting to get minutes too.

Could make for an interesting competition down the road (say the November window), especially if Cornelius comes in and does very well, then goes back to Greece and continues to play well.

For me it is more about the lack of depth when we start a window without one or two key defenders.  I am sure Miller can do the job but if he goes down we start to get pretty thin. And with Vitoria on a card, he could  easily be ineligible for a game this window.  Henry may be a solid replacement, but if he goes down (or *cough* gets a red card) suddenly we are in trouble - Kennedy would normally be the guy I would plug into that CB spot in a pinch.  

Just now, dyslexic nam said:

For me it is more about the lack of depth when we start a window without one or two key defenders.  I am sure Miller can do the job but if he goes down we start to get pretty thin. And with Vitoria on a card, he could  easily be ineligible for a game this window.  Henry may be a solid replacement, but if he goes down (or *cough* gets a red card) suddenly we are in trouble - Kennedy would normally be the guy I would plug into that CB spot in a pinch.  

Yup I tend to agree with that. At the same time, I see it as an opportunity for Waterman and/or Bassong.

With no limit on call ups and Vitoria on a card, now is the time to bring Waterman in. He's had a good stretch for Montreal and has been part of past camps. He's also played on the road in concacaf with the Impact.

Just seems like a no brainer to me. We build depth by now bringing him in. He's ready in my opinon.

Bassong gives us a third option behind Miller and Cornelius, or possibly a second option depending on your view. He's played LCB several times this year and would obviously have good chemisty with both Waterman and Miller, his clubmates. He's also been previously capped, so he should be somewhat familiar with the tactical structure, culture, etc. 

Even if both of these guys only dress for a game or two, it's worth it to have them available at a moments notice.

We just returned from a visit to Regensburg.  Beautiful Unesco world heritage historic City.  The Jahn in Regensburg are sort of like the Roughriders in Saskatchewan.  The team is a big deal to the locals.  The stadium is beautiful and we were able to attend two games.  As I approached the Stadium Fan Shop for the 1st game, there was a full sized card board model of Scott in the window.  Surreal.  Unfortunately Scott was injured in the against Erzgebirge Aue and he was unable to join the National team for their latest WCQ round games.  Go Derrick!  Jahn has had a great start to the season(and Scott too).  According to the Bundesliga 2 website Scott is in the Team of the Season (so far).  They'VE also done a nice profile article on his career.  We look forward to seeing him back in the line up.

Team.png