Scott Kennedy

5 minutes ago, narduch said:

Obviously.

Never said otherwise 

I was just adding to what you wrote. 

I’ll clarify in that I’m fairly certain that Kennedy would’ve needed to be a free agent before the North American window closed to be able to sign in MLS now.

I watched the second half of the game and Kennedy was unfortunately at fault for the 4th goal. He made a pretty bad error that caused the goal. He looked decent the rest of the half despite the scoreline. Hopefully he gets more minutes in the coming games.  There have been quite a few Regensburg fans on their forums calling for Kennedy to start and consider him a better defender than Elvedi. However, Elvedi seems to be prefered by the manager cause he's better on the ball and at passing when compare Kennedy.

4 minutes ago, Nate3322 said:

I watched the second half of the game and Kennedy was unfortunately at fault for the 4th goal. He made a pretty bad error that caused the goal. He looked decent the rest of the half despite the scoreline. Hopefully he gets more minutes in the coming games.  There have been quite a few Regensburg fans on their forums calling for Kennedy to start and consider him a better defender than Elvedi. However, Elvedi seems to be prefered by the manager cause he's better on the ball and at passing when compare Kennedy.

Interesting as Kennedy's passing has looked good when he has played for Canada. I can't imagine the coach would be overly critical about the 4th goal in a 6 goal game but who knows. 

18 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Interesting as Kennedy's passing has looked good when he has played for Canada. I can't imagine the coach would be overly critical about the 4th goal in a 6 goal game but who knows. 

While that's true, ultimately we can only glean so much from a short international window (and the last time he played for Canada would have been in March) vs regular training with his side and what his club coach sees.

55 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

I'm not saying Kennedy's passing is bad and for Canada he's probably the best on the ball out of all our CBs, except for Waterman. It's just that Elvedi's main strength is his passing and ball playing ability and is better than Kennedy in that regard. Elvedi's passing ability means that he has a good partnership with Breitkreuz who is similiar to Vitoria in that he's a dominant in the air and an all-round solid CB but is really not good on the ball and thus Elvedi makes the natural partner for Breitkreuz. Still neither Breitkreuz or Elvedi played well so hopefully this is Kennedy's chance to get into the starting XI and solidify his spot.

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, pod818 said:

Looks like he got the start today and the full 90’ against Holstein in a 0-0 draw. So at least the defense held up. Who knows, maybe there was some possible transfer with him that didn’t go through, and now that the window is closed..he’s back in the starting line up

Played left back according to Fotmob 

Caught most of the game he looked pretty good despite playing as a LB. Guwara the first choice LB tore his shoulder ligament and is out for several weeks to a month which bodes well for Kennedy's playing time even if he has to play as a LB. Regensburg fans on their forums suspected that Kennedy was close to a move away or at least asked to leave the club. 

• 2 weeks later...

Kennedy always seems to regain his starting role, just seems like a matter of when, not if. 

And it's been that way since he's been at the club.

This is his third season now. He's 25 years old, and a Canadian international that's destined to play in Qatar, or at the very least he will be on the squad.

I think he has Bundesliga in his future, I really do.

Miller is clearly the no. 1 disputed starter at LCB, but I think Kennedy will be next man up, and if he plays in Qatar and does well, combined with his form at Jahn, I just wonder if that could lead to a Bundesliga club buying him as a reinforcement in the winter transfer window? What say you guys?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Definitely will be in my 26 for Qatar

Without a doubt.  Miller is ahead of him at this point, but there's not a lot separating them.  They have different strengths as players.  We're one injury away from needing him.  It's good to see him regain his spot in the squad for his bundesliga 2 team.  

I recall reading a post at the start of the season that there was a possible transfer for Scott and the team was holding him back from playing in case of injury. He was a fixture for JR last season and he is back in that position now. Anyone know if he has much of a right foot?