Kamal Miller

Dub Narcotic

11 minutes ago, toontownman said:

When he gets passed the opening minutes he just keeps growing into games. Love the guy.

Will we play with two LCBs on Weds? Might do.

I would try Miller on the right to check his ambidextrous flexibility in the libero role.  Other option is Hutchinson as last man.  If Henry is out.   What about Sturing?  Is he any good?

From what it sounds like Joel Waterman might be moving to the middle of the three CBs for Montreal. I feel like that's his most natural position as he was a midfielder by trade and would probably be the most comfortable stepping up forward when needed.

I think we might see him in March or for Nations League in that role.

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, PegCityCam said:

Nifty hockey assist...he's gotta be (one of) the next in line to head overseas imo.

Absolutely, however I feel he can become part of something really special with CFM.  If things go well, its looking like they'll be able to field 7-8 young Canadians game to game and be an exciting team to watch, and dare I say.... pretty competitive.

Even if the young Canadians don't stick around, I can see Saputo making some serious cash on some of these guys.  Seems the system and vision is coming together beautifully.

40 minutes ago, PegCityCam said:

Nifty hockey assist...he's gotta be (one of) the next in line to head overseas imo.

What a display of first-half football from Miller and CF Montreal tonight after being robbed in Mexico. And they have ZBG, Johnston, Pantemis and Zouhir on the bench. So glad I tuned in for this one. Choiniere banged one off the bar as well. Could have been 3-0 at half. 

Edited by DeRo_Is_King

33 minutes ago, costarg said:

Absolutely, however I feel he can become part of something really special with CFM.  If things go well, its looking like they'll be able to field 7-8 young Canadians game to game and be an exciting team to watch, and dare I say.... pretty competitive.

Even if the young Canadians don't stick around, I can see Saputo making some serious cash on some of these guys.  Seems the system and vision is coming together beautifully.

Really thought CFM was just being cheap and willing to underinvest and just cross their fingers because you can get away with it in MLS, but I think you're right, they might have something special this year.

• 3 weeks later...

Too bad how the game turned out for CF Montreal last night. I gave up watching at half since they needed three goals to advance. It was a real shame because they controlled the game apart from a backdoor goal from Antuna. 

Miller in particular was excellent. He saw lots of the ball, and imo, created, hustled and didn't make any mistakes against tough opposition. I think his ceiling is very high. 

43 minutes ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

Too bad how the game turned out for CF Montreal last night. I gave up watching at half since they needed three goals to advance. It was a real shame because they controlled the game apart from a backdoor goal from Antuna. 

Miller in particular was excellent. He saw lots of the ball, and imo, created, hustled and didn't make any mistakes against tough opposition. I think his ceiling is very high. 

He’s come a long way for sure. Like Adekugbe, I’d watch Miller and think to myself, this guy is not good enough. Unsure with the ball, dumb gaffes. I just didn’t see it. Full disclosure I had barely seen him play outside of the national team. But he’s really turned his play around (like many at the Gold Cup last summer, which really turned the tide for this team) and became an important piece. I don’t worry like I used too. He’s solidified his game (along with Sam) to the point if he were out of a window, we’d miss him for sure 

• 2 weeks later...

Both he and Kennedy offer different skill sets but can likely still co-exist if needed at the back. Two absolutely huge finds along with Johnston on the right for our backline that cement out LCB slot for the midterm. 

Even if we don't end up with Holmes coming in, its clear there will be more that pop up from out of the woodwork we aren't expecting. Good times. 

Edited by toontownman

28 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Both he and Kennedy offer different skill sets but can likely still co-exist if needed at the back. Two absolutely huge finds along with Johnston on the right for our backline that cement out LCB slot for the midterm. 

Even if we don't end up with Holmes coming in, its clear there will be more that pop up from out of the woodwork we aren't expecting. Good times. 

Yep. Julian Dunn for example can get some minutes away from the Toronto pressures and develop just like Adekugbe did. Maybe next year we're all clamoring for him (and maybe even Bayiha) to get shots.

Such a wonderful time.

• 4 weeks later...