Kamal Miller

Dub Narcotic

Miller brings up an interesting point about centre back selection.  Waterman and Kennedy are valuable because they could cover the centre or RCB.  That said, Cornelius is left-footed from the bit I have watched him, if Miller goes down and we want to play from the back it helps to have someone like that in a back three or two for that matter.  He doesn't seem to play in three a lot in one issue, though.   

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Miller brings up an interesting point about centre back selection.  Waterman and Kennedy are valuable because they could cover the centre or RCB.  That said, Cornelius is left-footed from the bit I have watched him, if Miller goes down and we want to play from the back it helps to have someone like that in a back three or two for that matter.  He doesn't seem to play in three a lot in one issue, though.   

Montreal has actually used Waterman at all 3 spots in a back 3

9 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Kennedy covers the LCB and Left Back as those are the positions he plays at club level. 

10 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Atrocious fist half from him..was beat numerous times on his side.

I still don’t see a big move up from him - for me he’s at his level in a good MLS side.

Agreed MLS is his level, May get a tad better and could play in the middle of the Champ or somewhere like Belgium/Holland/Portugal, he will have to have to make that choice.

I don't think we should overthink a match where Montreal played well and dominated, and NYCFC scored on every chance they had, against the flow of the game (maybe the first not as much).

Basically, they should have at least drawn it in the 1st half, then the defensive shape would have been different and we would not be over-analysing Miller. 

22 hours ago, CCrTFC said:

Responsible for NYCFC's second goal. How he didn't foul Morales and leave him wide open to pass it to Heber is beyond me. 

Though hindsight is 20-20, I've rewatched that play a few times now and the tactical foul on Rodríguez (the passer to Heber) should have happened when he missed that 50-50 right after the Kone turnover on the edge of the box.  If your team is coached to play with that many guys foward (far side Johnston was very high up the pitch with central mids Wanyama and Piette also caught up near or in the other team's p.a., respectively), you can't olé a guy and just recovery run instead. 

Miller had a giveaway leading to a dangerous counterattack two minutes earlier but that threat was nullified.

(Whoever made that post about Montreal's style making them prone to such a threat, well, that was prescient.  It might have been @RS but I can't remember).

However, Miller has had a great year and I concur with @Unnamed Trialistview.

2 hours ago, RS said:

I have said that, but I don't recall if it posted it here or elsewhere.

You posted it in the Waterman thread.  You predicted this exact thing to happen to Montreal except it happened a matchup earlier than predicted as you said their type of play would be exposed vs better teams such as Philadelphia or in the finals vs one of the West Conference teams.

Edited by Corazon

7 minutes ago, Corazon said:

You posted it in the Waterman thread.  You predicted this exact thing to happen except it happened a matchup earlier than predicted as you said their type of play would be exposed vs Philadelphia or in the finals vs one of the West Conference teams.

Damn, I need to tune up my crystal ball a bit. A little help @MtlMario?

• 3 weeks later...