Kamal Miller

Dub Narcotic

11 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Will it be:

Bassong - Miller - Binks - Waterman - ZBG

in Henry's "back 5" or are Bassong & Miller competing for the same spot at LB/LWB?

Miller wouldn’t be a good fit at LWB. He’s better at CB than LB IMO but can still fill in at LB. LWB would be too far up the pitch for him, he’s better defensively than attacking. Who knows though, Henry played Piette in an advanced position so I guess anything is possible.

13 hours ago, top cheese said:

Perhaps we can pull some strings to get binks citizenship

In all seriousness, I don't think he'd be eligible even then. I believe to use your one time switch you can only switch to a country you were eligible to represent at the time of your youth cap. So he'd have to have been eligible for Canada at the same time as his youth England caps, which I'm guessing he wasn't. 

1 hour ago, superstarss said:

In all seriousness, I don't think he'd be eligible even then. I believe to use your one time switch you can only switch to a country you were eligible to represent at the time of your youth cap. So he'd have to have been eligible for Canada at the same time as his youth England caps, which I'm guessing he wasn't. 

oh shit...you're so right. I didn't realize he been capped...at every level (except the senior team)
Unless the new FIFA rules have change, he'll never be eligible. 

Back to Kamal. 

I'm really interested in how the Impact? will look next season with the plethora of Canadian signings. 
Especially since their backline isn't really solidified, we could see Bassong - Miller - Waterman - Brault-Guillard at some point. 

Edited by Shway

3 hours ago, Shway said:

oh shit...you're so right. I didn't realize he been capped...at every level (except the senior team)
Unless the new FIFA rules have change, he'll never be eligible. 

Back to Kamal. 

I'm really interested in how the Impact? will look next season with the plethora of Canadian signings. 
Especially since their backline isn't really solidified, we could see Bassong - Miller - Waterman - Brault-Guillard at some point. 

You can even add Yao to that, especially since Henry loves a back 5.  Now we just need Henry to pick the Canadians over Camacho.

• 4 months later...

Seriously?  We haven't hit this guys page since since Dec 2020???  Where is the love?! 

This guy has looked great for both Canada and CFM in 2021.  Everything I hoped he would become.  Still don't understand how he didn't get more of a shot in Orlando.  He looked so composed at a young age there, I love his interviews, seems so down to earth.  He's quickly becoming one of my favorites.    

26 minutes ago, costarg said:

Seriously?  We haven't hit this guys page since since Dec 2020???  Where is the love?! 

This guy has looked great for both Canada and CFM in 2021.  Everything I hoped he would become.  Still don't understand how he didn't get more of a shot in Orlando.  He looked so composed at a young age there, I love his interviews, seems so down to earth.  He's quickly becoming one of my favorites.    

In fairness, the thread titles seem more like loose (and generally ignored) guidelines than strict topic guides.   He was probably discussed in a thread about Jamie Peters or something.  

I didn’t watch the match but from the extended highlights he didn’t look good.  He got beat for 3 headers, one that resulted in a goal and another in the same place where he didn’t even challenge.  The other one also resulted in a chance.  He also gave the ball away in the center of the field in his own third that resulted in another chance.  If if the rest of the time he was a stud, those four plays alone would result in him not having a good match.  He definitely seems to be susceptible to being beat in the air based on this match.  Not good for a center back.

11 hours ago, An Observer said:

I didn’t watch the match but from the extended highlights he didn’t look good.  He got beat for 3 headers, one that resulted in a goal and another in the same place where he didn’t even challenge.  The other one also resulted in a chance.  He also gave the ball away in the center of the field in his own third that resulted in another chance.  If if the rest of the time he was a stud, those four plays alone would result in him not having a good match.  He definitely seems to be susceptible to being beat in the air based on this match.  Not good for a center back.

Not sure I get why he is rated above Cornelius (with the exception of fitness)

• 2 weeks later...