Kamal Miller

Dub Narcotic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Huge move to replace Henry with Vitoria. He just brought absolute calm to the backline and Miller and Johnston both benefitted. Kamal is growing into a player, there is real potential there. Kennedy to come in and hopefully a break through for the likes of Halbouni and Smith at Nice. Vitoria will be a huge miss as he is likely winding down in a year or two. 

24 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Huge move to replace Henry with Vitoria. He just brought absolute calm to the backline and Miller and Johnston both benefitted. Kamal is growing into a player, there is real potential there. Kennedy to come in and hopefully a break through for the likes of Halbouni and Smith at Nice. Vitoria will be a huge miss as he is likely winding down in a year or two. 

I think Vitoria, Borjan and Hutchinson will all play through Qatar next year and then retire  for the men’s team after Canada’s last match.

Just now, baulderdash77 said:

I think Vitoria, Borjan and Hutchinson will all play through Qatar next year and then retire  for the men’s team after Canada’s last match.

Vitoria and Hutchinson, absolutely.  I don't think Borjan has any intentions of retiring and I believe he has stated that he would like to play through 2026.  As a goalie its possible but he may take a backseat by 2026 but he the past couple of seasons for club and country are likely his best seasons ever.  Goalies can also play much longer than outfield players as we all know.  Hutchinson is a given if we make Qatar.  Vitoria will almost be 36 and he may wish to extend his club career a few more seasons, so I fully expect him to retire as well.  Would take him in a heartbeat at TFC for his final couple seasons in his hometown.

What a monumental trajectory he has been on. Remember Scott Kennedy? We were all especially devastated when he suffered injuries because we didn’t know if Kamal could elevate himself in this position. (Of course, hoping to see Kennedy back in red and white ASAP)

I doubted Kamal but he’s been fantastic for Canada and has been getting better every time I watch him. 

9 hours ago, Corazon said:

Vitoria and Hutchinson, absolutely.  I don't think Borjan has any intentions of retiring and I believe he has stated that he would like to play through 2026.  As a goalie its possible but he may take a backseat by 2026 but he the past couple of seasons for club and country are likely his best seasons ever.  Goalies can also play much longer than outfield players as we all know.  Hutchinson is a given if we make Qatar.  Vitoria will almost be 36 and he may wish to extend his club career a few more seasons, so I fully expect him to retire as well.  Would take him in a heartbeat at TFC for his final couple seasons in his hometown.

I think this WCQ run has given Vitoria a bit of a late career renaissance. I've never seen him play as well as he is now. It's ironic that Henry, who's in his prime and physically faster, was the one who looked a bit exposed last night... Vitoria in contrast was never quick, but now he steels a step or two with his mind.

On 11/17/2021 at 6:44 AM, A_Gagne said:

It's ironic that Henry, who's in his prime and physically faster, was the one who looked a bit exposed last night... Vitoria in contrast was never quick, but now he steels a step or two with his mind.

He's a good organizer who plays to his strengths and doesn't look for the lower percentage "big play" which can result into bad things.

• 2 months later...
27 minutes ago, Norrin Radd said:

How good was Miller tonight???

Man what a headache to have to choose between him and Kennedy. Kennedy’s 1v1 defending was incredible last game but Miller’s sense of when to provide help and sniff out danger was so key to our game tonight. 

Gald I don’t have to choose! 

2 hours ago, ag futbol said:

Man what a headache to have to choose between him and Kennedy. Kennedy’s 1v1 defending was incredible last game but Miller’s sense of when to provide help and sniff out danger was so key to our game tonight. 

Gald I don’t have to choose! 

Miller is the better in my opinion, why?  Simple Miller seems a bit  ambidextrous when Kennedy is what we call a in Spanish "zurdo cerrado" Kennedy seems to have a weak right footer , his left peg is world class though.   

We in Southamerica and in Europe too, tend to prefer ambidextrous defenders for obvious reason, but Left foot center backs are more elegant to the eye of regular football viewers , they are a bit more glamorous because they aren't that often worldwide.