Kamal Miller

Dub Narcotic

Against Costa Rica, Miller had one sus play where he booted it out into touch when he could have played out from the back. However, after that he was rock solid. Love his aggressive nature and hard, clean tackles. I'm sure the Costa Rican players took note! ;)

Miller might not necessarily be a lock for our best XI, but he is very important to the team!

5 hours ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Against Costa Rica, Miller had one sus play where he booted it out into touch when he could have played out from the back. However, after that he was rock solid. Love his aggressive nature and hard, clean tackles. I'm sure the Costa Rican players took note! ;)

Miller might not necessarily be a lock for our best XI, but he is very important to the team!

There was a point in the first half when Miller tackled Joel Campbell, got hyped, the bench was up and Laryea got involved. You love to see it especially in CONCACAF.

6 hours ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

I know the exact play you're talking about. Generally our backline did really well finding wide players, who were wide open most of the match.

I get it and I’m at fault in doing this too , but we watch a player who had a good game but then we pick out one play out of many and point out that instead of kicking the ball out he had better options lol. The best of the best you can analyze a game and probably point out a few times where their decision makings were suspect . I just find this funny when we do this and like I said I do it too . 

6 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

Crepeau wanted a back pass on that play. 

Anyway, Miller is good. Can he and Kennedy play in the same starting 11?

Can they? Yes. Do I see it? No.

I see them as competing with each other in the LCB spot. I think it would be a waste to play either of them in the middle of a back 3. I don't think we get the best out of them in that way. I definitely wouldn't play either of those left-footers on the right ahead of Johnston (see below).

If I had to pick one to play in the middle it would probably be Kennedy, but again it doesn't seem to fit in with what he's good at (ball winning, ball carrying, tackling, recovery speed, etc.).

By contrast, the middle is perfect for Vitoria because he lacks pace but appears to be a good organizer. 

Even in a back four I am not a fan of two left footers in the CB spots (or two right footers if we can help it).

7 hours ago, Obinna said:

Can they? Yes. Do I see it? No.

I see them as competing with each other in the LCB spot. I think it would be a waste to play either of them in the middle of a back 3. I don't think we get the best out of them in that way. I definitely wouldn't play either of those left-footers on the right ahead of Johnston (see below).

If I had to pick one to play in the middle it would probably be Kennedy, but again it doesn't seem to fit in with what he's good at (ball winning, ball carrying, tackling, recovery speed, etc.).

By contrast, the middle is perfect for Vitoria because he lacks pace but appears to be a good organizer. 

Even in a back four I am not a fan of two left footers in the CB spots (or two right footers if we can help it).

I generally agree with this sentiment. In the same way, I feel like Vitoria and Henry are in competition for the middle CB role. Doneil falls short right now due to his poor distribution compared to Vitoria. But his physicality and one-on-one defending is a huge asset in the middle.

34 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Beast today, Will only improve.

Only if he keeps playing.  Lets hope he keeps it up and stays in the lineup for Montreal. 

And same as Kennedy came in, played well and got kudos..Miller did the same...except he did it against Mexico and the USA. 

Edited by Bison44

4 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Agreed on the first part. But hard to verify the second part when Kennedy has yet to put a foot wrong for Canada.

He’s barely put a foot on the field for Canada in the same breathe.

Yes we all like what we saw against Suriname, and Haiti….but Kamal has played solid against better teams and has played well and has showed he’s still improving.

Miller and Kennedy are both good if not our best defenders already. Kennedy, however, is one of the fastest players on the squad, and that gives him an edge - but it doesn't matter as with cards, suspensions and 3 game windows, both will see the pitch in big games. Bring. It. On. 

4 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Agreed on the first part. But hard to verify the second part when Kennedy has yet to put a foot wrong for Canada.

Kamal has so far proven himself against top CONCACAF opposition, that in itself has him over Kennedy as it is.

4 hours ago, BrennanFan said:

Miller and Kennedy are both good if not our best defenders already. Kennedy, however, is one of the fastest players on the squad, and that gives him an edge - but it doesn't matter as with cards, suspensions and 3 game windows, both will see the pitch in big games. Bring. It. On. 

Exactly, so if we are playing a do or die, and we need our best XI….I’m slotting him in the middle of the back 3 for that exact bolder reason. 

Vitoria is a good defender, but his pace hinders the back line. 
Henry is a strong defender, but his decision making and pace hinders the back line.

Guys I’m telling you, Miller-Kennedy-Johnston! Our backline will be solid!

21 minutes ago, Shway said:

Exactly, so if we are playing a do or die, and we need our best XI….I’m slotting him in the middle of the back 3 for that exact bolder reason. 

Vitoria is a good defender, but his pace hinders the back line. 
Henry is a strong defender, but his decision making and pace hinders the back line.

Guys I’m telling you, Miller-Kennedy-Johnston! Our backline will be solid!

This is sounding better all the time.  However it's hard to pull Vitoria, he had a really good tournament.

56 minutes ago, Chad_Impact said:

Yeah I think both Miller and Kennedy are locks to start, really don't get what his critics are saying. Miller has been solid on the ball and off it, and done it in our programs biggest games as of late. 

Miller-Kennedy-Johnston going forward 100%

Vitoria will start some matches - so will Henry probably.

That was Kamal's best game in a Canada shirt.. He has been getting stronger with every start. I thought he was a bit too left footed especially in our first game, but his passing and ability to carry the ball and break through the press yesterday was excellent. That's a skillset we need from our CBs. I recall the first game he played for Orlando he displayed some nifty skill on the ball but it disappeared in subsequent games. Could have just been the lack of consistent starts in Florida. He also has some bite to his game.  With Kennedy and Miller our LCB position looks set.