Kamal Miller

Dub Narcotic

18 hours ago, Vasi said:

Making a strong push for Europe in the Summer window? 

Interesting, I'm curious to know if a goal and assist really comes into play when evaluating a CB and transfers?  He's definitely comfortable with the ball at his feet and moving it up the field, as well as deeking a few guys along the way.  However some systems and managers actually don't like that from CB's. 

If we're evaluating CB's on offensive production we'd have to consider Camacho as well, as he regularly scores 1-2 per year.  However he's responsible for giving up triple that total on brainfarts.

Curious to see how it develops.  Either way, CF Montreal will be cashing in on quite a few players the next couple of years (Mihailovic, Miller, Johnston, Breza, Pantemis, Kone.....)

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/2/2022 at 5:59 PM, Vasi said:

Making a strong push for Europe in the Summer window? 

If he keeps playing as he is rn he’ll for sure have some teams calling, he’s great defensively and on the ball I think OGC Nice would be great as they will most likely lose 2 starting CBs this summer(could possibly open up a spot for smith too) but imo miller for sure is the caliber Ligue 1. My biggest problem with the mls is the different seasons though as he would have to move in January and it’s possible that nice or another club already have fixed their CB problem so it gives less options and could lead to a bad transfer(laryea) but I do think he will move in January, I have no reason to belive this but he seems like a guy who will want to play in the first tier I could see France, Belgium,Italy, Germany maybe

On 5/3/2022 at 9:31 AM, costarg said:

Interesting, I'm curious to know if a goal and assist really comes into play when evaluating a CB and transfers?  He's definitely comfortable with the ball at his feet and moving it up the field, as well as deeking a few guys along the way.  However some systems and managers actually don't like that from CB's. 

If we're evaluating CB's on offensive production we'd have to consider Camacho as well, as he regularly scores 1-2 per year.  However he's responsible for giving up triple that total on brainfarts.

Curious to see how it develops.  Either way, CF Montreal will be cashing in on quite a few players the next couple of years (Mihailovic, Miller, Johnston, Breza, Pantemis, Kone.....)

I think he is built for a back three, the only issue being if he is asked to play in a two, he does have not elite height for a top physical league. Maybe Serie A ? Or has it changed since I watched it and there were a lot of his type of cultured centre backs?

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Aird25 said:

I haven't re-watched the game, but I thought he had a shocker last night. He couldn't seem to figure out that there was a giant puddle between him and his fullback in the first half, and he was very easily dribbled past on the second Honduras goal

He clearly slipped and lost hist footing lol.
But your first point is valid. 

9 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

I haven't re-watched the game, but I thought he had a shocker last night. He couldn't seem to figure out that there was a giant puddle between him and his fullback in the first half, and he was very easily dribbled past on the second Honduras goal

To be honest it you watch it back I was worried he let up from pulling a hamstring, watch him just after he get passed by the man

6 hours ago, footballfreak said:

The conditions were such that there is nothing to take away from last night’s game. 

Miller has been an important piece on this team and I don’t expect that will change before the World Cup. Herdman clearly favours Miller over Kennedy. Unless something drastic happens by September, Miller starts at LCB.

I would have liked to see Kennedy start one of the two games.  I find Miller gets beat too often by pace and can’t recover in time… something that will be exploited by the better teams we’ll face at the WC.  I guess his overall game is what Herdman likes over Kennedy.

Kennedy played really well for Canada until the away game vs USA where he struggled and then got injured. Kamal took over and JH has stuck with him.  Miller has had some great games for us since then in WCQ, but I agree a pairing of Vitoria and Miller lacks pace (which Kennedy has in spades) and our back 4 lacks height and aerial defending as well as potentially compromising our ability to score on set pieces. The coaches must see something during practices to feel more comfortable with Miller. Have to think that Scott starts or plays in one of the Sept friendlies.

2 hours ago, Kadenge said:

Anyone else notice that Atiba and the ref were in a heated exchange before the game started....at around the coin toss.? The ref was gesturing like "it's my call/decision". Wonder if Atiba was protesting the pitch conditions?

He couldn’t have been. Someone on this board has definitively said that Atiba did no such thing.

35 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

On the second Honduras goal he pulled up awkward and was immediately limping, initially I thought maybe hamstring but maybe that's where he did it

Let’s hope it’s not serious, because knee injuries can be tricky. Thankfully the WC itself is still over 5 months away so fingers crossed it’s not something like super bad like 4-6 month injury. 4 to 6 weeks I will take instead (4 to 6 days would be even better)

2 hours ago, trc2014 said:

Not in the line-up today.  Any injury update?  On the NF podcast they seemed to refer to the injury as foot/ankle vs. knee.

This post-match report from the game on the weekend indicates that it's not too serious, that he'll be out 7 to 10 days:

https://lastwordonsports.com/soccer/2022/06/18/cf-montreal-austin-fc-fall/

"Nancy did confirm that Djordje Mihailovic will miss 2-4 weeks with a knee injury while Kamal Miller will be out 7-10 days with a leg injury also adding that Ibrahim Sunusi is day to day with an ankle injury. CF Montreal will be back in action on Wednesday night as they will head to Toronto to face TFC in the 2022 Canadian Championship semifinal."