Kamal Miller

Dub Narcotic

Just to bring the ceiling convo back into his real thread.  I am a big fan of Millers, since his days with the Orangemen in NCAA (they always have CDN kids).  I dont know if he can go much higher than he is now, but being a top MLS CB, is pretty damn good, and that level should be good enough to play for Canada for a long time.  If he stays, signs a sweet deal like Oso or kaye, start making close to a million a season, whats wrong with that??  Remind me again, how did Lareya's european adventure go??  Nothing wrong with being a Marshall, Besler, Long or Zimmerman type.   

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

Just to bring the ceiling convo back into his real thread.  I am a big fan of Millers, since his days with the Orangemen in NCAA (they always have CDN kids).  I dont know if he can go much higher than he is now, but being a top MLS CB, is pretty damn good, and that level should be good enough to play for Canada for a long time.  If he stays, signs a sweet deal like Oso or kaye, start making close to a million a season, whats wrong with that??  Remind me again, how did Lareya's european adventure go??  Nothing wrong with being a Marshall, Besler, Long or Zimmerman type.   

Nothing wrong with it, but I wonder how much more he could grow in a league like Serie A or EPL. I also wonder if there's some way he can get playing time at Bologna given CF Montreal's connection there. 

Edited by DeRo_Is_King

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like he's not a favourite for a Defender of the Year nomination. 

The Extra Time guys are saying that the award will most likely go to Kai Wagner, the left back from Philly, who apparently is second in the league in assists, which is wild for a fullback.

Edited by VinceA

2 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Looks like he's not a favourite for a Defender of the Year nomination. 

The Extra Time guys are saying that the award will most likely go to Kai Wagner, the left back from Philly, who apparently is second in the league in assists, which is wild for a fullback.

Bizarre that he’s not nominated considering he was an All Star and some of the other names listed. 

1 minute ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Bizarre that he’s not nominated considering he was an All Star and some of the other names listed. 

Nominations aren't in but it looks like Callens, Glesnes, Elliot, Wagner are the front runners. Seems like Alistair Johnston might even have more of a shout than Miller.

4 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I was about to say wtf where is he but it's 1 per team and looks like Montreal has chosen Alistair Johnston.

edit: actually it is more than one Joel Waterman is also nominated over Miller. 

Edited by VinceA

40 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Definitely in my starting 11 if I'm Canada especially in Qatar

Him and Vitoria are pretty much immovable CBs at this point.

Post-Qatar and in the years ahead, we have work to do. But I love the stories that guys like Miller and Vitoria bring. Both have had their challenges getting playing time at club level, and Vitoria has had his brain farts with Canada, but they have bounced back with sustained success over the last few years. Just awesome. 

Edited by DeRo_Is_King

I was at the game last night- there was a funny play where I think it was Pantemis who passed it to Wanyama near the halfway line, the ball lands about 10ish feet ahead of him, Miller blows right past him, intercepts the ball and moves it way forward while Wanyama just throws his hands up like wtf man that's my job. This man wants to be a forward so bad, haha.

Edited by InglewoodJack

29 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I was at the game last night- there was a funny play where I think it was Pantemis who passed it to Wanyama near the halfway line, the ball lands about 10ish feet ahead of him, Miller blows right past him, intercepts the ball and moves it way forward while Wanyama just throws his hands up like wtf man that's my job. This man wants to be a forward so bad, haha.

Yeah even the commentators were having a laugh about that one.