Kamal Miller

Dub Narcotic

8 hours ago, Obinna said:

Going to be getting another high profile teammate next season:

https://www.elpais.com.uy/ovacion/futbol/esta-encaminada-la-llegada-de-luis-suarez-a-inter-miami-para-2024-mientras-los-hinchas-de-gremio-hacen-campana

For someone of his skill level and profile, Inter Miami was the best choice he could have made. No way he gets to play with all these legends anywhere else (I guess except Saudi).

And although none of these guys are in their prime anymore, they are still high level. Suarez still has a wicked strike rate in Brazil, Messi is the ballon d'or winner, Alba is probably one of the top fullbacks and Busquets is probably one of the top holding midfielders. 

That is actually pretty amazing.  And I'd love to see Inter Miami set up an exhibition against Club Atletico in Argentina - it would be Boca Juniors vs. Barca Seniors.  😛

Edited by GasPed
Forgot Obinna's post

• 3 weeks later...

Miami to play Al-Nassr in Riyadh in February- billed as “the last dance”.

https://x.com/football__tweet/status/1726999717845045668?s=46&t=spIaqlQfufAO3HreB1455Q

Massive exposure for Kamal. Between this, Copa Libertadores, whatever else Miami goes after next season and a potential Copa America spot, it’s gonna be a huge year for KM. 

• 1 month later...
55 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

I don’t get why Miami traded him

Depends how highly you rate Miller. They are getting 635k + an international slot. He was on 420k in 2023.

3 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

Miller and McGraw starting  together:  might be a good thing?  Thoughts?

I think it would work well but that's just a hunch.

14 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

Miller and McGraw starting  together:  might be a good thing?  Thoughts?

I'm thrilled with the idea of two CB's playing together regularly at club and nats.  It's a massive advantage a few national teams managed to pull off with loads of success.  However that is an awfully slow pairing and kinda useless if they play them in a back 3.

38 minutes ago, costarg said:

I'm thrilled with the idea of two CB's playing together regularly at club and nats.  It's a massive advantage a few national teams managed to pull off with loads of success.  However that is an awfully slow pairing and kinda useless if they play them in a back 3.

Yes, I'm not sure if that would translate to the international level, but I hope they do well with their club.

On 12/31/2023 at 6:24 AM, Dominic94 said:

I don’t get why Miami traded him

I think they feel that young kid they signed from Argentina will get minutes this way, Tomás Avilés.

The potential for a bigger transfer fee for the kid if he works out is there. 

But I could be wrong, as is, the team is solid enough from the middle forward, but the defense was not the strongest part and though Callender came up big in a few games he was not stellar over the entire season.

On 12/31/2023 at 1:51 PM, narduch said:

Well at least now it will be easier to root for Inter Miami's demise

I'm a Barça supporter (first time I've ever admitted this!) but for me I'd love to see them burn in hell, just because there are a bunch of ex-Barça there means nothing to me. I'd love for the project to fail this season. Though I think they are likely to make the playoffs at least, and Concacaf they may rise to the occasion, playing for the bigger matches and going for the "easier" trophy, which is Concacaf club.

• 3 weeks later...