Liam Millar

Northvansteve

21 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

There is likely a difference between what is presented to the public vs what the legal ramifications are behind the scenes. I wouldn't be surprised if a number of managers that resigned were still compensated by the club, at least until they take a new job elsewhere. 

Now I am reading the reverse story: that Bowyer has been offered Birmingham City to replace Karanka, which might explain a resignation--pay would be far better in the new spot so you renounce your contract. Bowyer is a former Birmingham City player.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9363689/Lee-Bowyer-talks-replace-Aitor-Karanka-Birmingham-boss-quitting-Charlton.html

It'd be very odd for them to trade managers, that is highly unusual.

In any case, if that is the deal, I'd say Charlton come out ahead.

29 minutes ago, saintjoes said:

New manager says 3 players will be away for international duty.. sounds positive 👍🏻👍🏻

Per below interview today (~6min mark):

https://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlton_Athletic_F.C.

One assumes:

Washington (Northern Ireland)

Gunter (Wales)

And Millar! I can't see any of the other guys getting called.

1 hour ago, Reign said:

I’m just curious about those who watch a lot of his games, why does it seem he can’t score goals ? I’ve always like Liam and it seems like he has the ability to score but he just doesn’t.

His role is not as a striker but to provide service to them from the wing.  To me an assist is just as good as a goal.

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

His role is not as a striker but to provide service to them from the wing.  To me an assist is just as good as a goal.

I personally think wingers should be scoring threats too. He does seem to be a good service man tho, which is great. 

4 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

https://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlton_Athletic_F.C.

One assumes:

Washington (Northern Ireland)

Gunter (Wales)

And Millar! I can't see any of the other guys getting called.

He confirmed one would have been Washington but he came off injured so won't be going--that was a quick assessment.

Also liked that he just accepted his internationals going, no problem with it.

20 hours ago, Reign said:

I personally think wingers should be scoring threats too. He does seem to be a good service man tho, which is great. 

His production from the wing, goals and assists, has been fine. I was hoping he'd be more dominant at this level, but we can't say he's not been doing well enough. 

Buchanan seems to have leap fogged Millar, and that's ok, the guys need to compete and put pressure on each other to make the team. 

Davies at LB might make room for Millar on a 23 man squad. Maybe. Depending on Corbeanu and Akinola. Lots of competition for the attacking spots. 

Just now, Dominic94 said:

A lot of people hate on him but man was he excellent today. A spark, electric, dynamic, could have scored twice, so confident in the ball. 

All due respect to Hoilett, but Liam looked to be a cut above, easily championship caliber maybe EPL. I don’t see why he’s not in the top flight somewhere next year. 

I think this is a bit optimistic he came on against a dejected Bermuda that was already down 3. I do believe he can slot in to a mid table championship team next year but he'll need a more productive end of season with Charlton.

Just now, sebdeserio said:

I think this is a bit optimistic he came on against a dejected Bermuda that was already down 3. I do believe he can slot in to a mid table championship team next year but he'll need a more productive end of season with Charlton.

I think he had a whole new level of on the ball confidence, his feet were excellent, he looks stronger. It’s not crazy to think he could be ready now, he’s been a revelation for Charlotte. He’s noticeably improved, it may be Bermuda and they may have been tired but Hoilett is an out of favour champ player and it was clear that Liam was posing more problems and was more lively.

8 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

I’ve seen a few people say he’s not that good/isn’t progressing because he hasn’t cracked the 11 at Liverpool.

I think that was primarily off the back of the Killie second loan where he had low production.... then ended up back at the u23s and was overlooked several times when a lot of youngsters were being called into the squad for cup games.

19 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

I’ve seen a few people say he’s not that good/isn’t progressing because he hasn’t cracked the 11 at Liverpool.

Kind of hyperbolic to characterize that as "hating" on him.  I get that some people are skeptical whereas others think he is clearly on a path to success, but there is no one here who is genuinely a fan of the CMNT that is rooting against him. 

43 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Kind of hyperbolic to characterize that as "hating" on him.  I get that some people are skeptical whereas others think he is clearly on a path to success, but there is no one here who is genuinely a fan of the CMNT that is rooting against him. 

This is the Voyageur's forum, hyperbole is the preferred figure of speech