Liam Millar

Northvansteve

I wish he went to QPR as was rumoured, it could have been the perfect situation for him, who knows how deals happen and with @spitfire having connections at Charlton this move made sense, my Charlton friends are sure happy he is there! A League One side in a promotion race or a Championship team in a relegation scrap, tough to now what the best experience would be, I will say some of the top sides in the Championship are obviously much better than what he will go up against in Lg1!

I also agree with most here that it is clear he is a high level on a better than average team in League One. Fine for him to get minutes, but the problem is that it proves too little for his future at Liverpool. No EPL team can take even the best League One performances and extrapolate them for an EPL future. Sorry to say this, but I do believe it. 

Given his age and total comfort at Charlton doing what he does best, I'm pretty sure that he has a Championship future at least for next season. Now if you are 21 and doing well in Championship, then sure, your home club can bring you back in for your potential to take the step up to the first team at Liverpool. 

For now I appreciate he has to enjoy himself, I mean that quite seriously, just enjoy competitive football, stay healthy, and not think too much about what happens when the loan period ends. 

12 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I also agree with most here that it is clear he is a high level on a better than average team in League One. Fine for him to get minutes, but the problem is that it proves too little for his future at Liverpool. No EPL team can take even the best League One performances and extrapolate them for an EPL future. Sorry to say this, but I do believe it. 

Given his age and total comfort at Charlton doing what he does best, I'm pretty sure that he has a Championship future at least for next season. Now if you are 21 and doing well in Championship, then sure, your home club can bring you back in for your potential to take the step up to the first team at Liverpool. 

For now I appreciate he has to enjoy himself, I mean that quite seriously, just enjoy competitive football, stay healthy, and not think too much about what happens when the loan period ends. 

This holds true for most, but there are some examples i.e. Dele Alli. 

7 hours ago, Kent said:

I am still waiting to hear if anyone else has ever done what he did.

Score in 4th tier.
Next year, score in 3rd tier.
Next year, score in 2nd tier.
Next year, score in 1st tier.

It's crazy.

If you go online and look at lists of players who have scored in the top four divisions, his name does not appear. Even threads or articles that are fairly recent. Do we have confirmation he scored in official matches in all 4?

44 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

If you go online and look at lists of players who have scored in the top four divisions, his name does not appear. Even threads or articles that are fairly recent. Do we have confirmation he scored in official matches in all 4?

My recollection is yes. Didn’t he score in the conference as well with rushden and diamonds

Looking at his wiki page, I think he skipped league 2 and went from the conference to league 1 with gillingham. But when at Walsall he was loaned to Grimsby town who was in league 2 at the time and it says he had one goal for them. assuming league play and not cup, that would mean he scored in all 5

7 minutes ago, An Observer said:

Looking at his wiki page, I think he skipped league 2 and went from the conference to league 1 with gillingham. But when at Walsall he was loaned to Grimsby town who was in league 2 at the time and it says he had one goal for them. assuming league play and not cup, that would mean he scored in all 5

Gillingham was relegated after he went there so he played in League 2 during 2008-2009.

3 hours ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Simeon Jackson From Soccerway: the 2nd to last column is goals scored.

2011/2012 Norwich City PRL 941 22 10 12 8 24 3 1 0 0
2010/2011 Norwich City CHA 1826 38 20 18 14 26 13 3 0 0
2009/2010 Gillingham LEO 3180 42 34 8 5 0 14 4 0 0
2008/2009 Gillingham LET ? 44 40 4 13 ? 20 5 ? ?

For anyone else like me that is confused by that table, on the actual webpage those 0's and ?'s don't show up. So by 2nd to last column, he means the 20, 14, 13, 3. And LET is League Two, LEO is League One, CHA is Championship, and PRL is Premier League. So my claim earlier was correct!

https://int.soccerway.com/players/simeon-jackson/50554/