Liam Millar

Northvansteve

Watching the game, and man you can tell he’s oozing with confidence.

He knows he’s the guy to make the things happen, and you can see that when he’s on the ball. It seems like he’s given freedom to roam at times, because I see him all over the pitch starting the created chances.

Edited by Shway

This version of Liam is showing he should be a starter for the MNT. I don’t care about the level, it’s his consistent performances, and individual skill that he can bring to the team.  I used to see just speed, and willingness to run and get stuck in. Now I’m seeing his composure, decision making, 1v1, change of pace, and key passing.

I’m all about form, and at this rate he’s opened Hoiletts door. 

Edited by Shway

This is what was severely lacking in his loans to Kilmarnock. I'm 100% sure the tough Scottish football and rigid defending was very important for his development as a professional but the freedom he is given to do his thing and be the guy is very refreshing and reassuring knowing that this is who we all thought he could be (most of us)

6 hours ago, JuicyHam said:

This is what was severely lacking in his loans to Kilmarnock. I'm 100% sure the tough Scottish football and rigid defending was very important for his development as a professional but the freedom he is given to do his thing and be the guy is very refreshing and reassuring knowing that this is who we all thought he could be (most of us)

I agree. 

Other than the Celtic and Rangers the rest of SPL seems like they would be middle table teams in League One. 

I'm not impressed with the quality.

10 minutes ago, gigi riva said:

I always thought it was Aberdeen to be honest , Other than that Im glad Miller is getting some playing time 

Just to put things in perspective, TFC's new DP target Borre is worth as much as any team in the SPL outside of the big two on transfermarket. Hibs and Aberdeen are worth about 15 mill.

53 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Isn't Hearts Edinburgh one of the "big 3" in Scotland? Or like, the next biggest club after the old firm? 

Hearts are arguably the 3rd biggest club in Scotland, last season wasn't going real well for them and the governing body decided to freeze the standings when covid hit and expel Hearts to the Championship so they could award celtic the title, one of the only leagues to do such a thing! Hearts will be back up next season, they are on solid financial footing and should be challenging for 3rd again! Just a side note, Gary Mackay Stevens was a fairly useful player for NYCFC in MLS, he is now at Hearts and really struggling to do anything in the Scottish 2nd tier!

Must not get into an argument about Scotland’s third biggest club...

Just to make a case, one of the clubs that stood by Hearts last season during the relegation issue was Inverness Caledonian Thistle.  Covid and horrible snow and cold have affected ICT’s ability to generate revenue.  The Federation of Hearts Supporters suggested to our opponents in 2 weeks that they sell virtual tickets for the match against us (à la Marine vs Spurs).  In just a week, over 9,000 tickets have been sold and £65-70 K raised for ICT primarily by Hearts supporters.  

@gator: you are right about Gary Mackay-Steven.  Disappointing so far.

back to the thread: so happy for Liam’s progress at the Addicks - too bad about the leaky defensive errors.

On 2/13/2021 at 6:52 PM, Mikmacdo said:

Just to put things in perspective, TFC's new DP target Borre is worth as much as any team in the SPL outside of the big two on transfermarket. Hibs and Aberdeen are worth about 15 mill.

The rich get richer.  What's the minimum broadcast revenue a team will receive in the EPL this year?  80 million pounds?  (Plus 20 million pounds prize money for finishing dead last).  The maximum in the SPFL?  5 million?  Of course the Europa/Champions League money is huge.

Shame to hear glum new about MacKay-Stevens.  Quite liked the wee man.

Fingers and toes crossed Charlton can win their way up into the Championship.  Would be great to be able to watch their matches, if Millar is still there that is.