Liam Millar

Northvansteve

There are some posters who are less positive about him than others, I read about how much Buchanan had passed him, I don't agree with that, some question why he hasn't scored more from the wing and that is part of his game he knows must improve on but he looked awfully good on the ball and was a spark coming in last night albeit against a tiring Bermuda team, that's why he was brought in at that point though!

On 3/20/2021 at 7:04 PM, Reign said:

I personally think wingers should be scoring threats too. He does seem to be a good service man tho, which is great. 

I think Millar is developing into someone like Valter Birsa, who was a fantastic winger in Serie A and for Slovenia but wasn't much of a goal scorer.

Birsa could occasionally hit bangers like he did at the 2010 WC against the USA.

Edited by VinceA

I think for Liam the grind of League One may not allow him to totally shine. But there is no doubt these 2 months long of regular play have to be great for fitness, pace, intensity. 

I personally do think he is ready for a Championship side, and if it could be Charlton having promoted, then all the better.

9 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

He looked to have a new level of confidence last night and played with real intent. Nice to see his progress. 

And my has he grown, he looked like a kid out there last time.  Wish we coulda seen him with the U23s over on the other side.

I don't know if I am a "hater". I warn people to cool their jets a bit when they talk about him as if he is actually getting minutes for Liverpool and is a can't miss fixture to the CMNT lineup for the next 10 years. He might be, he might not be. Interested to see how he pans out. Good game for him last night!

43 minutes ago, Kent said:

I don't know if I am a "hater". I warn people to cool their jets a bit when they talk about him as if he is actually getting minutes for Liverpool and is a can't miss fixture to the CMNT lineup for the next 10 years. He might be, he might not be. Interested to see how he pans out. Good game for him last night!

Hater!

4 hours ago, Kent said:

Somebody has to be the "cool your jets guy".  We all tend to get carried away with the flavor of the week.  Buchanon to EPL...now Larin is king and Cavs is shit.HAHAHA.  Hell people were even forgiving Godinho after a few decent showing against u-23 sides.  Getting the playing time with Charlton is what he needs and learning how to deal with the weekly grind of lower level football will teach him to be professional.  He still has room to grow but its hard to say which kids take off and which fizzle.  He still looks good in a red shirt..so fingers crossed.  

54 minutes ago, CanMNT Memes said:

image.png.a5667b20def2f2e53bf8e83e7cfa463a.png

If Davies is gonna be LW Millar is competing with Theo. So it was pretty funny seeing him pass the ball and give an assist to the guy who will eat into his minutes at the international level lol

Imagine a coach seeing a guy ignore good outlets because of self interest.  I doubt that ends well.  

Liam succeeds and fails on how he performs and has always felt that way. It’s up to him to earn and keep that spot.
He will always play the right ball regardless and he always puts the team first. he’s always been that way even to his detriment ( wish he was a bit more selfish sometimes)

Competition is always good and drives players to be better....  and good for the program too!!

Silly meme lol

34 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

And TFC legend John Bostock is playing for Doncaster!

Wow totally forgot about him , played like 7 games for TFC then was released. Had a couple of good seasons in Belgium’s top league scoring a good amount of goals and even spent a season in France’s top league after for Lens . Has been mainly playing at this level the past few years since going back to England, still only 29. 

2 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Judging from Charlton fans on Twitter he did not have a good match. The honeymoon seems to be over between them and Liam. Hopefully he can turn it around.

It’s was the end product today , did well when he had the ball dribbling the ball into good spaces but the final pass was lacking unfortunately today a few times.