World Cup Qualifying Third Round Match Day 1: Canada Honduras - Thursday, September 2nd, 2021 - BMO Field, Toronto.

Cblake

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Are you guys finished with worrying about how Honduras is getting to the stadium? 

BTW, the current standard for arriving at a stadium before a match is about 2 hours, could go to 2:30. You can keep discussing this for our edification if you want. 

I come to this board to be informed on Canadian soccer.

I stay for the head-scratching topics of debate. 😄 

49 minutes ago, Free kick said:

Do we have a volunteer to go on the QEW or Gardiner and cause an accident that blocks all the lanes and causes the Hondurans to arrive late to the game.   ?

😃

edit.:   I am kidding of course.   Just in case the authorities read this forum.

Thing is, if you start trash fires near their training field, shoot off an airgun and provoke a police incident, do fireworks near the hotel, and then traffic is blocked on their way in for an accident, you are recreating the condition for Honduras when playing at home. Why would we want to do that?

18 minutes ago, johnyb said:

Starts when we use a back 4. Sits when we use a back 3. 

Too bad we didn't get a chance to see how he'd handle a back 3. No time now to check. He's a bit short to handle the middle, 1.75.

I also haven't watched him in Norway to know how well he goes forward. 

If you wanted to push the RB forward or free up a Laryea to attack, he'd fit well. 

damn. Seems I missed the traffic portion of the pre-game discussions.

I think, as a whole, we overestimate the amount of squad rotation there will be game to game. Minutes will be managed but that can easily be taken care of with mid game/60 min subs. 

Really excited to see the squad in front of home fans. I hope everyone there cheers them on extra hard!

2 hours ago, VinceA said:

This interview is fantastic, Alistair is probably gonna be a media favourite going forward.

Great interview.  It’s refreshing to hear an athlete answer questions and not give the cliché response.  Hockey players are the worst for that, “we just need to get pucks deep and get back to our game”.  

Great point brought up about his youth. Only 22.  Best days are ahead