World Cup Qualifying Third Round Match Day 1: Canada Honduras - Thursday, September 2nd, 2021 - BMO Field, Toronto.

Cblake

• Cblake changed the title to World Cup Qualifying Third Round Match Day 1: Canada Honduras - Thursday, September 2nd, 2021 - BMO Field, Toronto.

Play the strongest team. No mucking around worrying about USA. Honduras is always trouble and if we get cute we could get burned. 

What does Herdman think our strongest 11 is? Namely in defence we have multiple options but also with Atiba back in the mix he will have to manage his minutes. It is a good problem to have. 

11 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

Play the strongest team. No mucking around worrying about USA. Honduras is always trouble and if we get cute we could get burned. 

What does Herdman think our strongest 11 is? Namely in defence we have multiple options but also with Atiba back in the mix he will have to manage his minutes. It is a good problem to have. 

Canada has the team to play with the proverbial big boys. They can not worry about their opponents., just about what they bring to the pitch.No doubt with three games in rapid fire keeping this team fresh will be key, I am sure Herdman has some ideas about what he wants to do based on the score and situation. At least travel this period is not a big thing with two home games and quick flight to Nashville. 

5 minutes ago, Cblake said:

Canada has the team to play with the proverbial big boys. They can not worry about their opponents., just about what they bring to the pitch.No doubt with three games in rapid fire keeping this team fresh will be key, I am sure Herdman has some ideas about what he wants to do based on the score and situation. At least travel this period is not a big thing with two home games and quick flight to Nashville. 

If we don't get 6 points from this easy travel schedule we are in trouble. USA open with El Salvadore, I can see them starting with a weaker side, saving their best team for us in Nashville. We don't have the depth the USA as. Being the second game in quick order and being in Nashville I can't expect more then a draw for us which would be fantastic. 

We have good depth but Honduras is always tough. Think we need to prioritize the two home games, especially since it sits nicely as a Home, Away and Home schedule. 

Maybe someone like Tajon doesn't start Vs Honduras and they save him for USA and put Laryea in. 

Play the strongest team possible against the pissbaggers.  The only way I go really strong against the US is if we drop points in the first game and immediately put our qualifying campaign behind schedule - otherwise the US game sees heavy rotation where we focus on defence and squeaking out a point.  Then go all out against ES.  Recipe for 6 pts, and possibly 7, which would be a solid success for this window.  

Edited by dyslexic nam

20 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Play the strongest team possible against the pissbaggers.  The only way I go really strong against the US is if we drop points in the first game and immediately put our qualifying campaign behind schedule - otherwise the US game sees heavy rotation where we focus on defence and squeaking out a point.  Then go all out against ES.  Recipe for 6 pts, and possibly 7, which would be a solid success for this window.  

Probably most in agreement that this is the best strategy.  If we are close against the US we can sub in some of the big boys late and go for a point (or 3).

Just a suggestion perhaps going forward as I know we all excited ....

Maybe let's start the specific match game threads once the official international window starts? That allows @Olympique_de_Marseilleto wrap everything up with players, injuries etc. after the weekend games in the first post. These threads going to become 50 pages deep :). Going to be a crazy journey with you fellas, even this window we going to have a

1) international window thread.

2) 3 different match game threads. 

Going to the game! 

Have the wife and kids sitting in section 117 at the back in a group of 4 to watch most of the game. 

Wife somehow pulled off row 1 and row 2 section 114 for me and my buddies. 

At some point ill bring my little girls down to see our lads up close, pre-game and post game. They are massive Canada supporters, almost as much as me. :)

We simply can't wait! 

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone involved in ticket distribution in the V's section and making them affordable. When you have 3 kids and travelling from Sault Ste. Marie, prices really start adding up.

Edited by apbsmith

2 minutes ago, apbsmith said:

Going to the game! 

Have the wife and kids sitting in section 117 at the back in a group of 4 to watch most of the game. 

Wife somehow pulled off row 1 and row 2 section 114 for me and my buddies. 

At some point ill bring my little girls down to see our lads up close, pre-game and post game. They are massive Canada supporters, almost as much as me. :)

We simply can't wait! 

Just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone involved in ticket distribution in the V's section and making them affordable. When you have 3 kids and travelling from Sault Ste. Marie, prices really start adding up.

Glad you can make it!

Interesting coverage from Honduras at Diez.hn including an interview with Stephen Hart.

Honduran press is snapping TMZ style footage of Quioto arriving at Pearson airport this morning.  Rest of the team is arriving tonight.  Montreal tried to claim Quioto is injured and block him from being called up.  Honduras had to invoke FIFA protocols to force his release.

Honduran FA president openly saying he's concerned about the ref being biased due to the CONCACAF president being from Canada.

https://www.diez.hn/eliminatoriasqatar2022/1488920-498/canadienses-intentaron-frenar-convocatoria-romell-quioto-fenafuth-eliminatorias-honduras

https://www.diez.hn/eliminatoriasqatar2022/1488943-498/romell-quioto-el-primero-en-llegar-a-la-zona-de-batalla-en

Edited by CanadianSoccerFan

25 minutes ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

Honduran press is snapping TMZ style footage of Quioto arriving at Pearson airport this morning.  Rest of the team is arriving tonight.  Montreal tried to claim Quioto is injured and block him from being called up.  Honduras had to invoke FIFA protocols to force his release.

Honduran FA president openly saying he's concerned about the ref being biased due to the CONCACAF president being from Canada.

The CONCACAFery begins.