World Cup Qualifying Third Round Match Day 1: Canada Honduras - Thursday, September 2nd, 2021 - BMO Field, Toronto.

Cblake

10 minutes ago, narduch said:

My guess is TSN has the rights to all the US home games

No that wouldn’t make sense because TSN purchased the one off OneSoccer. It’s more likely they couldn’t get all Mexico’s home matches except for the Canada game. Then the 7th match is that aforementioned USA match. 

23 minutes ago, PegCityCam said:

Well this is "something":

19 minutes ago, narduch said:

My guess is TSN has the rights to all the US home games

That was my thought.

6 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

No that wouldn’t make sense because TSN purchased the one off OneSoccer. It’s more likely they couldn’t get all Mexico’s home matches except for the Canada game. Then the 7th match is that aforementioned USA match. 

TSN purchased the USA-away match directly from the rights provider, not ONESoccer. If it was Mexico-home matches they didn't have access to, then that would be 7 matches + Sunday's game (which makes 8 matches).

It would seem they have an agreement with all the FAs except US Soccer.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

1 minute ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

TSN purchased the USA-away match directly from the rights provider, not ONESoccer. If it was Mexico-home matches they didn't have access to, then that would be 7 matches + Sundays game (which makes 8 matches).

It would seem they have an agreement with all except US Soccer.

Source? Unless OneSoccer is lying this doesn’t compute. OneSoccer had the rights prior to TSN purchasing them for Sunday’s game. We know that OneSoccer also has our away game vs Mexico so that would be 6 missing + 1 (Sunday). 

Mexico actually draws huge numbers so it would make sense. Why would TSN buy the USA matches? 

17 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Source? Unless OneSoccer is lying this doesn’t compute. OneSoccer had the rights prior to TSN purchasing them for Sunday’s game. We know that OneSoccer also has our away game vs Mexico so that would be 6 missing + 1 (Sunday). 

Mexico actually draws huge numbers so it would make sense. Why would TSN buy the USA matches? 

I don't think TSN bought all the USA matches, I just think ONESoccer couldn't buy them (priced out?).

I think ONESoccer never actually had the rights to all the away matches fully negotiated, but Kurt, in his arrogance, tweeted that all matches would be broadcast by ONESoccer. He was counting his chickens before they hatched.

Edit: I don't actually have a source. This is my speculation.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille