WCQ: Canada vs Bermuda - March 25th 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific - Orlando FL

I hope we don’t see a CB partnership of Ferreira and Vittoria like Nef suggested in Northern Futbol. Nothing against both players but last time we played two slow centre backs it didn’t end well for us (Jamaica at the Gold Cup). I’d rather we play Miller/Vittoria against Bermuda and Ferreira/Sturing or Waterman against Cayman. 

9 minutes ago, HochelagaFC said:

I hope we don’t see a CB partnership of Ferreira and Vittoria like Nef suggested in Northern Futbol. Nothing against both players but last time we played two slow centre backs it didn’t end well for us (Jamaica at the Gold Cup). I’d rather we play Miller/Vittoria against Bermuda and Ferreira/Sturing or Waterman against Cayman. 

Wouldn't surprise me to see Hutchinson and Vitoria paired together with Piette, Eustaquio and Kaye in midfield.

Another note, David Edgar is doing colour commentary for the match tonight. Ironic because if he didn't retire a few months back he wouldn't have been a bad call up to this squad - I thought he did well for Forge in the CL.

Edited by CanadaFan123

1 hour ago, scullion44 said:

I can’t remember if I asked this before but do you guys know if a VPN (specifically Nord) and a onesoccer subscription would work to watch the game tonight for those not in Canada. I was using VPN + DAZN for a while until it stopped working.

I’m not sure I can trust my usual streaming sites to have tonights match.

I’m in the UK and concacaf streamed it directly on YouTube for me for free. ... (at least the Olympic games

50 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Wouldn't surprise me to see Hutchinson and Vitoria paired together with Piette, Eustaquio and Kaye in midfield.

Another note, David Edgar is doing colour commentary for the match tonight. Ironic because if he didn't retire a few months back he wouldn't have been a bad call up to this squad - I thought he did well for Forge in the CL.

I like the part about Edgar....not Hutchinson playing CB.
I just don't get why we would do that when we have so many CBs in camp, and Hutchinson is someone who gets things ticking in the middle and final third. 

Just like Davies - done with the Hutchinson in defence. Because come the Octo (God willing) he won't be there. No more nations leagues tactics where every game looked different. 

We need to solidify the identity of how we play, and how players are suppose to play in each position.

I am only in favour of playing Atiba at CB in an emergency, he has played there but has never looked completely comfortable as a CB from what I have seen, we should have good enough options without taking Atiba out of the midfield!

Plus Atiba has turned into an offensive force for Besiktas.  With Larin further up the pitch I would love to see them get the chance to utilize their chemistry for the Nats.  Plugging him in at CB seems like a waste.  

As for Edgar doing colour, I hope they have the “bleep” button ready.  Of all the players yelling throughout the Island Games, his comments were the most... colourful.  

Just now, BrennanFan said:

We need to put Ferreira in the shop window.  The guy needs a club and we need him to be playing through the summer so he can be ready for the Octo.  If he is fit and healthy, I'd play him both games.  He can handle the opposition.

I think he'd be a good fit at TFC.   

I would start Vitoria and Miller the first game and then Ferreira and Sturing the second game. 

46 minutes ago, grigorio said:

Can we just get to the Oct so that I can stop hearing the laughter from my friends when I try to get them pumped for a game and need to answer "who are we playing?" with a friggin "Cayman Islands" or "St Lucia". I can't take it anymore. 

I stopped doing that after trying to get people hyped ahead of a certain game in Honduras 9 years ago...

On 3/24/2021 at 12:40 PM, dyslexic nam said:

Turns out my son is in the

- go to his game and catch the very end of the Bermuda match (depends on timing, not ideal)

In your shoes, I would go peak dad mode, and say you have choice of music on the drive home and force your son to listen to this: