WCQ: Canada vs Bermuda - March 25th 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific - Orlando FL

Hey my fellow V family! 

Sorry been absent from the board last little while, been a difficult past little bit for me and the board was becoming too much non footy and more covid, politics etc. etc. but seems like that has now passed :). 

Can you believe it!!!! A men's game & the journey begins!!!!!! 

Pumped with the gaffers selection. 

First step in a long journey! 

Let's go!!!!

Edited by apbsmith

Just now, Club Linesman said:

Imagine what he is like actually watching a game.

He was my prof for 4th year business strategy at McMaster. He's a good prof, but imagine this energy at 8:30am after yet another all nighter spent working on your courses called 'Solid State Physics II' & 'Lasers and Electro-Optics'. It was exhausting.

For games like this (and for all the games in this rounds). The question is not whether Canada wins or not?   Its how they win.    The scoreline doesnt matter.   

a good win:

1) We score a goal in the first 20-25 mins of play. We perhaps go to half time with a 2-0 lead.  If the game ends 2-0 thats fine.  Even better if we get a third goal late in the second half.

2) We can shut it down after we have something like a 2-0 win. We dont concede lots of chances 

3) Goals needs to come off of the run of play. We cant have to rely on on PK’s or set pieces to win.  

4) we cant have to rely on fitness and prearation to win.  Like getting all our goals late in the game. In short we need to win and show our superior talent.  These countries in these groups are the same size as many small towns in canada. Their minnow.  We shouldnt worry. 

a bad win:

1) we get most of our goals late.  Even if we win 4-0, i consider it worrying if we cant beat them with our talent.  
2) if we get PK’s, fine but if we only win because of our profesionalism, prepartion and not talent;  Tahts worrying.  
3)  the games versus belize 2004 would be an example of bad wins.   We dominate and control the game and ultimately win 4-0.   But no one on our team could beat them for skill to creat the gaols 

Edited by Free kick

Just now, maplebanana said:

He was my prof for 4th year business strategy at McMaster. He's a good prof, but imagine this energy at 8:30am after yet another all nighter spent working on your courses called 'Solid State Physics II' & 'Lasers and Electro-Optics'. It was exhausting.

I don't jive with that type of personality usually. But I can appreciate that the role he has requires an almost impossible amount of energy to do well, so I am hoping it is positive for getting things done.

1 minute ago, El Diego said:

I don't jive with that type of personality usually. But I can appreciate that the role he has requires an almost impossible amount of energy to do well, so I am hoping it is positive for getting things done.

One of his strengths is as a business development type speaker, so in his role at CSA if he can bring more money into CSA coffers, it doesn't matter to me if he sounds sleazy. 

6 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Bontis is annoyingly "hyper"

Andi's demeanor "calm the F down"

Cheeta (Trailer park boy)

" Why do I want to punch this guy in the face?"

Wee Elf (Angel that walks Earth).

" Why do I want you to punch that guy in the face?????"

I kid, I kid.

4 minutes ago, Ed_S said:

No problem with the CSA president. I've been around a long time and don't mind someone cheering for Canada soccer. 

He is a well respected business and football guy from The Hammer, I think he'll do ok V's Cup fiasco aside!