WCQ: Canada vs Bermuda - March 25th 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific - Orlando FL

I’m really surprised they didn’t call up young players like , Luciano Swan, Remy Coddington , Ne Jai Tucker, Ajani Burchall and Mahzi Simmons

key players missing

Gk- Nathan Trott - west ham u23

CB - Kortney Hause - Aston Villa ( hasn’t switched yet)

CF - Nahki Wells- Bristol City

CM - Reggie Lambe 

CB - Triston Hall - Holbaek B&I

CM - Willie Clemons - Dalkurd FF

LW - Djair Parfitt- Williams - Fylkir ( Former West Ham youth player)

It’s a real Shame! This game should have been interesting. 

17 minutes ago, narduch said:

More from the Royal Gazette. 

Lambe was in an accident.

They keep pumping that the match is on One Soccer. Wonder if it will be made available for free on YouTube 

https://www.royalgazette.com/soccer/sport/article/20210323/reggie-lambe-out-of-bermuda-squad-for-world-cup-qualifiers-against-canada-and-aruba/

I don’t get why they keep stating that Wells is unavailable due to Covid restrictions. Are they simply covering for Wells?

Just now, Floortom said:

I don’t get why they keep stating that Wells is unavailable due to Covid restrictions. Are they simply covering for Wells?

I think its a half-truth maybe?

It appears that both Canada and Suriname had to apply for some sort of special Exemption to allow their UK and EU players into the US.

As a Canadian fan I want Canada to smash the hell of them. But overall I want to see CONCACAF get better! It will help Canada if the whole region is better. Even if Bermuda  had all their players, Canada should beat them! I’m surprised FIFA is not doing more to make all players available. 

Edited by SpecialK

I don't think we are going to win big, mostly because we have key pieces out of season. And then there is brutal travel and very little time to adapt or even train for those in season, which means you carry knocks and play through them.

Now if Cavallini does show well, I'll be very pleased. 

I would also like to see a clean sheet, and get some confidence in our CB options.

1 minute ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I don't think we are going to win big, mostly because we have key pieces out of season. And then there is brutal travel and very little time to adapt or even train for those in season, which means you carry knocks and play through them.

I would also like to see a clean sheet, and get some confidence in our CB options.

Bermuda is also a bunker and counter team.

Both games will be parking multiple buses in front of the goal.  We will need to be patient if we don’t score in the first 30 mins.  It might be like the USVI game in the Nations League but could equally be a hard fought 2-0 win.  Prefer the former but would not be surprised if it was the latter.  Just win.

Not saying this will happen to Canada but the club I support in Scotland lost in the cup last night to a non league team from a village of 1,700 people three divisions below who have only played one match since January (and 5 practices).  

I think Canada is going to pump at least one of the two by more than 6 goals. Most offensive starters are in good form but Cavallini. Having Hutch back he's going to demand a lot of focus and effort (He's not there to screw around). Playing in Florida on a good field rather than a potato field will also be a big advantage. This to me isn't like those previous WQC where Canada simply "does" the job against the minnow, this will be a statement round. 
*See you here later when I'm eating crow* 

31 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I don’t think we have many key pieces out of season though. Other than Cavallini and potentially Kaye, no expected starting midfielder/attacking player will be out of season. With Davies, Larin, Hutchinson, Eustaquio, we should be in good form.

35 minutes ago, narduch said:

Bermuda is also a bunker and counter team.

That is why Wells is such a big loss for them, he is always a threat on the counter, I'm not sure they have anyone else to do that, let's hope they have a full squad next round and pull out some wins after we have neatly tossed them aside!

Turns out my son is in the provincial AA bball semi-finals tomorrow evening.  Super happy for him but in terms of watching the WCQ game it sucks in a huge way.

My options are basically to:

- skip the most important game of bball he has played to date (= terrible dad)

- go to his game but tune out and stream the footy game (data limitations, and terrible dad)

- go to his game and catch the very end of the Bermuda match (depends on timing, not ideal)

- catch the full game on replay, after watching the OQ game later that night - which will mean the Bermuda result will be spoiled due to inevitable in-game comments in the Honduras OQ game. 

Gah.   None are perfect but will likely be #3.

Parenting...

Best. Job. Ever.

• Olympique_de_Marseille changed the title to WCQ: Canada vs Bermuda - March 25th 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific - Orlando FL