WCQ: Canada vs Bermuda - March 25th 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific - Orlando FL

Bermuda definitely isn't fielding their strongest roster. One player who I have been pretty impressed with in past viewings, is Lejuan Simmons. He should lead their attack, and is someone who I'd love to see in the CanPL. Eve will be relied on to keep the game competitive, and Leverock is their best defender.

Nonetheless, I'm thinking a 6-1 result for the Canucks.

Playing against a team that will sit back and with our plethora of wing options you really have to wonder about where Davies plays. By playing him at LW we make him easier to shutdown for Bermuda, whereas at LB he could overlap from deep and be unleashed constantly. 

Imagining a scenario where Larin can hold up the ball at LW and leave their RB helpless against an onrushing Davies. We could then overload the box with Cavallini, Larin, Hutchinson and Hoilett to get on the end of it.

7 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Playing against a team that will sit back and with our plethora of wing options you really have to wonder about where Davies plays. By playing him at LW we make him easier to shutdown for Bermuda, whereas at LB he could overlap from deep and be unleashed constantly. 

Imagining a scenario where Larin can hold up the ball at LW and leave their RB helpless against an onrushing Davies. We could then overload the box with Cavallini, Larin, Hutchinson and Hoilett to get on the end of it.

I agree with this, I'd lean towards putting Davies at LB vs minnows, gives him more space to work with and gives us more firepower.

Rust and lack of preparation will deter us from demolishing the Bermudans in the first game, despite heavily out chancing them in the shooting department. 2-0 Canada goals from Larin and Hutch.

second game will be much different, the boys will look like they’re on the same page even with a bit of squad rotation, 6-0 over the Cayman Islands. 2 from Cav, 1 from Phonzie, 1 from Larin, 1 from Millar and 1 from Kaye.

• Olympique_de_Marseille changed the title to WCQ: Canada vs Bermuda - March 25th 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific - Orlando FL
28 minutes ago, reggietfc said:

will there be fans allowed at the game tomorrow?

No , as far as i know its closed door. Not surprising, the moment you open the doors there is a cost. Say you were able to have 5,000 in the stands, are you really going to sell that many tickets for Canada Bermuda in Orlando. I think it made sense for the CSA to go this route rather than play somewhere like IMG, especially when it comes to broadcast considerations and giving your guys a first rate experience. 

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Turns out my son is in the provincial AA bball semi-finals tomorrow evening.  Super happy for him but in terms of watching the WCQ game it sucks in a huge way.

My options are basically to:

- skip the most important game of bball he has played to date (= terrible dad)

- go to his game but tune out and stream the footy game (data limitations, and terrible dad)

- go to his game and catch the very end of the Bermuda match (depends on timing, not ideal)

- catch the full game on replay, after watching the OQ game later that night - which will mean the Bermuda result will be spoiled due to inevitable in-game comments in the Honduras OQ game. 

Gah.   None are perfect but will likely be #3.

Parenting...

Best. Job. Ever.

Only parent.

Easy for me to say, my kid only played football and didn't even want me to watch most of the time.