Tajon Buchanan

nolando

1 minute ago, Bdog said:

Not actually watching the game but it's on in the background, looks like Tajon drew the penalty that made it 1-0 and assisted the 2nd.

On the flipside Kamal Miller completely fucked up when he overlapped Nani and then didn't come back to help him when he was getting doubleteamed. No where to be found once Buchanon went running down the right.

4 hours ago, Big_M said:

This is absolutely masterful coaching by Bruce Arena...with one decision to take a winger who never started a pro game at the back and put him at rb in the playoffs he has brought his team to the eastern conference final...great job Tajon keep it up...now can they go all the way and take mls cup

I saw Taj’s first game against the impact and he looked good. He’s grown immensely.

1 hour ago, TFC2017 said:

I've officially hopped on the "Tajon should be a starter for the CMNT" bandwagon 

A starter? In what position? Not criticizing, just honestly curious where you think he would start for us. We finally have a little depth and fullback and he has very little experience there. And then on the wing, it depends what our system is, but generally some combination of Davies, David, Hoilett, Larin will start. And that’s assuming we actually play with attacking wingers, otherwise you have to include players like Osorio/Arfield in the mix.

35 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

With Buchanan emerging as an MLS caliber winger, as well as a RB, that brings a lot of versatility to our lineup. The question is, where would you all prefer to see him line up? For me it’s 1 or 3

11EB077E-04F2-4577-9D65-54B788C9C7DC.jpeg

F93079DE-69AC-40E7-A04D-B6587756A6A5.jpeg

3326C195-C257-42BE-939D-B9E598F2443F.jpeg

4433F343-3920-4F21-833B-A009EA0A1297.jpeg

Hoilett and Arfield have to be in every iteration of a CMNT starting XI in my opinion. Tajon looks great though.

It's amazing how much more difficult these projections become when you add yet another quality player (Buchanan) who can play as a forward/winger/fullback. If/when Corbeanu becomes a first team player at Wolves, and Millar starts to play first team football at a good level (championship or above), it's going to get very, very competitive on the flanks. We also have Brym showing positives signs in Belgium.  

Edited by Obinna

17 minutes ago, WyattTaylor said:

Hoilett and Arfield have to be in every iteration of a CMNT starting XI in my opinion. Tajon looks great though.

I mostly agree. With Hutchinson potentially being done with the Nats, then Arfield is the direct fill for that hole. But, in a best case scenario where he accepts the call, Hutch is an automatic starter. Eustaquio is the future and for me is in the same class as Davies/David, 100% in when present. As for Hoilett, he’s penciled in as a starter in most cases for me as well, but is a strong option as a super sub for some late game pace up front additionally. All of these names can interchange on a starting XI and I’m happy. Gone are the days of 0 depth in our men’s pool and I’m thankful we’re even capable of having this debate. 

I like the 4-4-2. I wouldn't be against the idea of moving on Borjan if St. Clair proves himself in camp. I really think he's going to be our future #1. 

David - Larin/Cavallini

Hoilett - Hutchinson/Kaye - Eustaquio - Buchanan

Davies - Cornelius - Henry - Laryea

Borjan/St. Clair/Crepeau

We have so much talent popping up, if only a few centre backs could make a name for themselves.

1 hour ago, TFC2017 said:

I like the 4-4-2. I wouldn't be against the idea of moving on Borjan if St. Clair proves himself in camp. I really think he's going to be our future #1. 

David - Larin/Cavallini

Hoilett - Hutchinson/Kaye - Eustaquio - Buchanan

Davies - Cornelius - Henry - Laryea

Borjan/St. Clair/Crepeau

We have so much talent popping up, if only a few centre backs could make a name for themselves.

Is this your best 11, or are we just discussing formations and options?

I like Tajon and all, and its a good looking lineup, but..... you're dropping Arfield?  Really?

In my view, with everyone healthy.... my !00% definite starters list, regardless of the opposition: Davies, David, Eustaquio, Hutchinson & Arfield.  Hoilett is 95% in there as well, just depends on the formation and opponent.

This ain't 2010 anymore. We aren't looking any warm body available.

Just because somebody puts in a few good matches in MLS doesn't mean he becomes part of the starting eleven or even part of final roster for World Cup qualifying in 2021. Just because you can watch him start to blossom doesn't mean he starts over somebody that is only watched by a couple of posters.

Plus, history has shown emerging MLS players have tended to have flat performances in their first national team appearances. Besides getting more seasoning at the MLS level, they need more seasoning at the national team via friendlies, Gold Cup and/or u23.  

1 minute ago, red card said:

Plus, history has shown emerging MLS players have tended to have flat performances in their first national team appearances. Besides getting more seasoning at the MLS level, they need more seasoning at the national team via friendlies, Gold Cup and/or u23.  

I agree with the exception of Liam Fraser 😁